Corsair Community

Need help in installing corsair H115i in Asus maximus hero IX motherboard

gopimit2013

Hello Guys, I purchased corsair H115i for i7 7700k processor and Asus maximus hero IX(LGA1151).

Installation procedure followed:

1. Connected 2 fans to radiator and kept it aside to install later.

2. At back side of motherboard, Installed Intel back plate

3. In front side of motherboard, Connected LGA115X stand off screw to intel back plate

4. Tightened the standoff screw's tightly

After connecting LGA115X standoff screw in intel back plate, i observed that standoff screw is not fitted rigidly with intel back plate.

At back of motherboard,if i pull intel back plate outwards/inwards then stanoff screw fitted with intel back plate is also moving outwards/inwards. I tried to tighted as much as possible but there is some gap and due to it there is movement in between intel back plate and standoff. Is this expected ? can i proceed further with installation ? or there is any error in setup ? Kindly advice. This query is holding me up.

Sorry to say, but it's difficult to give a definite answer. Many people find that the backplate is loose ( I seem to recall Corsair saying that it was designed to be like that), but when they screw the pump housing to it, it tightens up and makes a perfect installation, others sometimes find that it's still loose and they need to instal small, non conductive washers.

If you fit the pump and it doesn't move when it's screwed down you will probably be ok to start it up and check that the temps are ok, if it goes too high, your computer will shut down. Just don't put too much thermal compound on it.

Archived