Corsair Community

Windows 10 notification icons

Deadwinter

Hello, I seem to be having an issue in Windows 10 where all the notification area icons will turn blurry after playing a game. I had no idea where else to ask this question so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place.

It happens by itself every single time I play a game and lasts until I reboot the PC. Has anybody else experienced this or know how to solve it? I can provide screenshots if needed.

Thanks.

Do you play the games at the same resolution that your monitor is set to, e.g, 1920 x 1080? it sounds as though the game is changing the resolution and it isn't being changed back when you exit the game.

You may get more help from a dedicated Windows 10 forum, just Google it.

• 1 month later...
Hello, I seem to be having an issue in Windows 10 where all the notification area icons will turn blurry after playing a game. I had no idea where else to ask this question so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place.

It happens by itself every single time I play a game and lasts until I reboot the PC. Has anybody else experienced this or know how to solve it? I can provide screenshots if needed.

Thanks.

This is also happening to me.

Some of the tray icons f.x. Corsair Link & Corsair Utility Engine get blurry after game play.

Not a big issue but if there are solutions out there I would be glad to know how to fix!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

the "blurry/deformed" icons PLUS the disordered shortcut icons on desktop view happens to me since Windows 10 and I have found no way to solve them but to use external third part program that makes copies of the icons and their position and when they get disordered I just restore them to previous (it takes ms to do it).

That happens, yes, ONLY when I use DSR on some games that after returning back, make the icons not being at proper real native or desktop resolution. Sometimes the system tray ones get fine after time, but if you have more shortcuts on desktop than the ones that can fit on a different resolution, when retoring they get not in the same position.

The application I use is "DesktopOK"; you can find it for example here (Majorgeeks). This served me to know a new version was available, I'll be isntalling it now.:biggrin:

NOTE: That serves not for "fixing" the small system tray icons deformed or "blurred", but restore desktop status (prior to exiting a bad ending DSR game).

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's absolutely tied to DSR with Nvidia. Didn't see the glitch until I activated it and used the resolution in a game. When I came back out, my Corsair and Logitech application icons were blurred.

My question is, why does this only happen to these two programs? I keep many other programs running in the task tray and they never exhibit the same flaws after leaving a game with DSR.

• 2 weeks later...

To anyone who stumbles upon this thread looking for an answer to this problem, here you go:

If you are using Nvidia DSR in game and finding your icons look like this when you leave https://i.imgur.com/ZPJ7zVx.png (blurry) then you need to do the following:

1) Right click desktop

2) Click display settings

3) Set desktop to your DSR resolution

4) Click keep changes

5) Set scaling to 100%

6) Change your resolution back to native

That should fix it. I don't know why, but when you set your game to use DSR resolution, Windows applies it to the desktop too. If you never set your desktop to your DSR resolution before, you'll find that Windows automatically increases scaling to 150-200% depending on the resolution. It is this display scaling happening in the background while you game that is causing the broken tray icons.

Hope this helps someone. Enjoy.

Archived