Corsair Community

Poor performance new firmware timescale

doherty

Hi I currently have a force gs 180 gb ssd every few weeks I have to secure erase and reinstall windows 8.1 .I am using this drive for gaming mostly call of duty ghosts I am presuming trim is not working correctly I am considering changing my drive for a 840 I have been waiting for this new firmware 5.24 I currently have 5.07 my config id is 22899 any idear when this is going to be released as its starting to annoy me now . My specs are asus maximus iv impact motherboard ,intel 4770k cpu ,Corsair hx 850w power supply, Evga 780ftw , Corsair h100i , Corsair 8gb 2133mhz vengeance pro memory ,Corsair 350d case. I always use all corsair componets when I can as I consider them the best but im starting to have my doubts ive reinstalled like 4 times and it needs doing again but im trying to hang on as I will have to redo once the update becomes available I can no longer play any online games till I reinstall due to drive performance. Manythanks.:confused:

Install the SSD toolbox to check if your drive is on the latest FW.

Why are you secure erasing the drive every few weeks?

Does your SSD get really slow after a few weeks? If so, can you run a ATTO benchmark and post a screenshot?

Archived