Corsair Community

I'M Confused need help from knowledgeable person!!

Joakim_A

Hello!

I have a HP Pavilion brand name PC modell a200.se. According to the motherboard specs on HP's website the memory used for this motherboard :

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=se&docname=c00013541&product=348369&dlc=sv&lang=en

Is DDR266 PC-2100 but according to the report that I got from using the CPU-Z application the memory installed seems to be a PC-2700 from Infineon look at the generated report about my system here:

http://www.angelfire.com/hi/agren/cpuz.htm

My question is this can I install a PC-2700 module in my system or do I have to get a PC-2100??

Will your Corsair modules work if so which one should I get I am thinking of buying a 512Mb one?

I am particulary concerned that the module I have now seems to be a module with a CAS latency value of 2 whilst yours are @ 2.5. the other specs for the RAM installed now are as follows:

DRAM Type DDR-SDRAM

DRAM Size 256 MBytes

DRAM Frequency 133.2 MHz

FSB:DRAM 1:1

DRAM Interleave 4-way

CAS# Latency 2.0 clocks

RAS# to CAS# 3 clocks

RAS# Precharge 3 clocks

Cycle Time (TRAS) 6 clocks

# of memory modules 1

Module 0 Infineon DDR-SDRAM PC2700 - 256 MBytes

Is my computer compatible with your Corsair RAM?? I know that branded computers can be picky about RAM or maybe thats not the case anymore???

Also another question I have is that the RAM seems to be running at 133MHz should it not be running at 266MHz??

Lots of questions but I hope that someone knowledgable will be able to answer me!!

• Corsair Employee
I would suggest you match what you have now if you are trying to add to the modules that are installed. Other wise you should use the memory suggested by the manufacturer or VS512MB266. However, yes you should be able to use faster memory and have it clock down to PC-2100, can I guarantee it? No I am sorry there are just too many possibilities.

Archived