Corsair Community

Corsair 1500 Vengeance Headset Problems (Crackling and Poping noise)

Piersadept

I just bought the headset yesterday, when i first used it i had to turn down the volume down to 1 or it was too loud, I downloaded the (Corsair USB Headset Control Panel) Sound is around 15% now, still loud if i go higher.

Main problem as of now: It seems others have had the same problem as I, but i cant get mine to fix for more than 20 or 30 seconds. There is a loud Crackling and popping sound i get when any type of music or sounds are being played. No matter how low i put the volume, it's still there. In skype its causing a feedback and they can hear the popping and crackling too. I love the headset but i cant use it if its going to keep doing this. Any help please?

• Corsair Employee

This is not normal. Please make sure your bios and motherboard USB drivers are up to date. Use a USB 2.0 port.

Also make sure you have no other sound drivers that could be causing conflict.

Can you test on another computer to confirm audio quality?

I am using the DPC Latency checker. If im sitting at my desktop or around on youtube or netflix im not having an issue, however. Any games i try and run sound is fine for about 5 minutes, then the latency checker shoots up to 30000 and it turns solid red. I do not have another computer to test it on.

I don't have to adjust settings in game, and I notice it randomly at any time, while listening to music, browsing the internet, etc. One sound source or another always seems to go static-y. But it will happen when there is only a single sound source as well.

Sadly, when I first bought these...I didn't have a problem...now all of a sudden I am starting to get the problems. It started out of nowhere. Could it be a Windows Update issue perhaps? That's the ONLY thing that's changed between BEFORE having the issue and AFTER having it. Some kind of incompatibility issue. I have Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

Archived