Corsair Community

MSI Neo 875P FIS2R w/ TwinX 3200C2

smitty34

I just got a new computer with a 2.8 gig P4, MB MSI Neo 875P FIS2R, and 2 256 MB sticks of Corsair twinx memory CMX256A-3200C2 (version 1.2) I have been having some stability problems with occasional crashes that cause a reboot. I decided to run windows memory diagnostic tool and it failed on every test but I also ran memtest86 and it passed. So I need some help figuring out whats wrong and what I need to do to fix it. Is my memory bad or is the windows memory test faulty? I also am having trouble with the bios settings. I am unable to run the performance moded in anything other than slow. Also the timing for the ram comes up at 2.5 3 3 8 while I was expecting it to be 2 3 3 6. I was wondering why this occurs. I was able to manually change it and boot the system but I can't run the performance mode enhancement to activate PAT and the dynamic overclocking doesn't work very well either. Thanks for your help. :brick:

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but this MB does seem to ignore the timings that are set either by SPD or what’s set manually and set them by the performance mode. I would try the module one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and set the performance mode to fast. If both modules pass then test them together. If you do fine one failing then please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace them.

Woops I just realized that I wrote I have the 875 when I really have the 865. I've already tried testing the memory seperately and they pass with memtest86 but not with the windows memory diagnostic. Do I need to worry about failing all of the tests in the windows memory diagnostic? I'll try and get the PAT performance mode to work tonight by manually changing the settings. Thanks for your help Ramguy

ya I've been looking around at the other posts but I can't find anything about windows memory diagnostic and whether or not I need to fix something because it gives me errors. Memtest86 passes so hopefully windows memory diagnostic is inaccurate??

Hi When you change from SLOW to FAST in the BIOS , you are turning PAT on. The memory you have fitted will not run with PAT on. PAT requires memory that can run alot faster than the settings in the BIOS. I tried Cosair PC3500LL but these failed aswell, but not as bad. Then I changed to Geil and all ok now. Hope this helps......................

I also had issues with getting the PAT enabled modes to work, but finally got it working for my setup thats running your model of memory. Feel free to read about my experience here: [url]http://forum.msi.com.tw/thread.php?threadid=38864&sid=[/url] Edit: Sorry that I forgot to mention that I originally had one bad stick that would not run single-channel (i.e. single stick) any faster than slow. That one got replaced prior to the story in the link.

Archived