Corsair Community

Fans max RPM

suicidegybe

I have my H100 hooked up to my Link commander and for about a month and a 1/2 it has been fine the fan control has worked and everything seemed normal. But this morning when I turned my rig on the fans were running at max RPM. It does this sometimes on wake up and once I open link software they go back down but when I opened it today nothing happens. No matter what I set the fans to they are running at max RPM. I am using the corsair fans so that is not it. i check all the connections and everthing is fine. Any Ideas.

• Corsair Employee
Is it all of the fans connected to both the H100 and the fans connected to the Link? Or just the fans connected to the H100. And do you see the light on the H100 and can you change the profile on the H100?

It was only the Fans on the H100. But since then I had gotten New fans in. Cougar 120 PWM. But now the H100 does not report the corect RPM. When the ans are at what I consider 800 RPM (by eye/ear) it reports 1800ish. the rpm changes corectly but the reported value is wrong.

• Corsair Employee
When the ans are at what I consider 800 RPM (by eye/ear) it reports 1800ish. the rpm changes correctly but the reported value is wrong

Okay now its getting more confusing, what fans are we talking about and what controller are these fans connected to?

And yes randolla is correct I am assuming that you have the corsair link connected to the H100?

He hears the fans running slowly and quietly, but the rpm shows near max, which should be quite loud.

@suicide you have to be a little more detailed in your post

Quote:

When the ans are at what I consider 800 RPM (by eye/ear) it reports 1800ish. the rpm changes correctly but the reported value is wrong

does that mean that if you increase the rpm max will show 3000

If fan RPM changes correctly then I could only assume that at 800 RPM and per your deduction are running slow, but link shows 1800, then if you ramp up fans to run fast and bring up your RPM to max does the link show something like 3000 or 4000 RPM?

I was able to understand your text but also not what you meant. I get it that people can hear changes vs. what RPM is shown. (FYI almost impossible to see 800 or 2000 rpm by eye, sound yes) We would all like to help but you must be a bit clearer in explaining your problem so we all could understand and help.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived