Corsair Community

RMi 20+4 pin sleeved cable

Trophy

Join the club I got a feeling its gonna be a few more months, thinking of going down the custom extensions route.

Yeah I was thinking the same, I recently built computers for two of my friends. Both of them has the RMi and really want them cables.

CableMod makes them already.

And yes Jonnyguru, I know :) I just hope they get released soon!

• Corsair Employee

Still waiting as well, I'm afraid.

All of the PCs we built for CES, PAX, etc. with RMi or RMx PSUs had to use Type 3 cable sets because that's all we had available. Fortunately, the performance hit from using Type 3 cables instead of Type 4 isn't "too horrible". ;):

Still waiting as well, I'm afraid.

All of the PCs we built for CES, PAX, etc. with RMi or RMx PSUs had to use Type 3 cable sets because that's all we had available. Fortunately, the performance hit from using Type 3 cables instead of Type 4 isn't "too horrible". ;):

So it is ok to use the Type3 ones and not dangerous in any way?

• Corsair Employee
Of course. All you're doing is by-passing the extra +12V sense and +5V sense which will prevent the PSU from cranking up the voltage if it senses a drop. The caps just filter out some ripple. By using Type 3 cables instead of Type 4 cables, you run into voltage regulation and ripple suppression performance equivalent to an HXi.

Of course. All you're doing is by-passing the extra +12V sense and +5V sense which will prevent the PSU from cranking up the voltage if it senses a drop. The caps just filter out some ripple. By using Type 3 cables instead of Type 4 cables, you run into voltage regulation and ripple suppression performance equivalent to an HXi.

Sweet! Thanks JonnyGuru! :D

So I could use all my type 3 cables with out any problem? Oh any idea if corsair will be providing a braided floppy connector looks horrible coming off my sound card.

Archived