Corsair Community

Corsair 570X Mirror Black edition - 280mm radiator on top ?

Iceyes

Hi guys ::pirate::

I'm planning to build a complete build by next week and the only enquiry that remains is related to which AIO cooler format I should buy.

The main webpage of the 570X premium edition says the top is 280mm rad compatible, however, after downloading the installation manual, it looks like the top is only 240mm rad compatible exactly like the others 570X standard cases...

I (really) would like to go for the 280mm rad that seems to be the sweet spot for AIO cooler, and I don't think sticking the rad on the front panel is the best idea either.

My config will this case will be:

- Mobo: Asus Maximus X hero (AC wifi)

- RAM: Trident Z RGB

- AIO cooler: either Kraken x62 or Corsair H115i Pro (not decided yet)

Of course, if a 280mm is really not possible to fit on the top because of the RAM or mobo clearance, I will be forced to go for the 240mm version of one of these coolers.

Thanks in advance for your honest feedback, as it will totally guide my buying choice ! :biggrin:

I see the discrepancy between the splash page and the technical specifications tab. Since it is the same frame as the other 570 models and dimensions are the same, it seems unlikely to be different and a 280 top mount is very iffy. You would need low profile RAM, a relatively flat board, and probably still need to compromise somewhere. The narrower 240 is a safer bet. You might also consider a 360 on the front.

If the case is exactly the same, dimensions speaking, than standard 570x cases, indeed I don't think going with a 280mm on the top is a good idea without thinking of low profile ram and so on..

Thank for your feedback.

During the afternoon, I went through some research of 360mm rad as you just suggested, and it appears that NZXT is releasing a 360mm format of their famous and gorgeous Kraken, which will be named x72.

It should be released by the end of the month and I wasn't aware of this since a couple of hours ago. I think I will go to 360mm on the front using their latest AIO cooler, in order to keep the 3 frontal fans incredible look of this case.

The only remaining enquiry that I have would be regarding the fans on the top. Should I buy a couple of 140mm or 120mm exhaust fans ? knowing that the exhaust rear will be 120mm and the 3 frontal intake fans will be 120mm as well but their performance limited by the airfilter AND the radiator on both sides. Indeed, I don't think going full negative pressure (by choosing two 140mm fans on top) would be a good idea for the overall dust issue. I could always go with a couple of 120 mm fans in order to reduce the negative pressure and making it almost neutral...

I'm might overthinking everything, but sadly it's in my inner nature ahahah.

The only remaining enquiry that I have would be regarding the fans on the top. Should I buy a couple of 140mm or 120mm exhaust fans ? knowing that the exhaust rear will be 120mm and the 3 frontal intake fans will be 120mm as well but their performance limited by the airfilter AND the radiator on both sides. Indeed, I don't think going full negative pressure (by choosing two 140mm fans on top) would be a good idea for the overall dust issue. I could always go with a couple of 120 mm fans in order to reduce the negative pressure and making it almost neutral...

I'm might overthinking everything, but sadly it's in my inner nature ahahah.

Having 2x 140mm on top isn't necessarily going to create negative pressure. You could just lower the RPM slightly of the larger fans and then you have equal airflow. That is of course if you also included a 120mm rear exhaust, otherwise its 3 intake vs 2 exhaust.

Yes indeed I was planning to put a 120mm fan at the rear of the case (:

After some thinking, I believe I'm going to have 5 intake fans and 1 exhaust fan:

- 3 frontal intake 120mm considering their performance will be reduced by the airfilter and the radiator

- 2 top intake 140mm that will provide the wanted positive pressure

- 1 rear exhaust 120mm that should be sufficient on itself combined with the positive pressure to protect the case from hot temp and dust accumulation.

I believe I'm all set this way. Do not hesitate to tell me otherwise if something is wrong or not advised (:

Cheers !

Archived