Corsair Community

How are Corsair Refurbished Fans?

solarity

I have had decent luck with refurbished products in the past, both Corsair (Headset) and non-Corsair. Is the return/RMA of refurbished items any different than a new items? Though as fans go, they typically are more failure prone, compared to other hardware I have seen.

Will they look brand new, have some visible wear, and come in original packaging? Even though Corsair fans are very popular, I don't see many complaints, compared to some other branded fans that are common in the water cooling arena. Though it looks like normal fans have a 2 year, though refurbished only get 1 year warranty. I am guessing they test these more so than your standard off the assembly items and if things aren't up to spec in tests, they will replace items like motors or LEDs?

I already have some HD-120s and love them. I am looking at getting some more.

Good question. I have never purchased refurbished fans from them, however from a technical standpoint I find those to be the most repairable with only a few simple parts. One of them wasn't working, replace it, good as new? This seems like a low risk venture and given the price, I would probably grab the 3 pack if I needed more.

Archived