Corsair Community

P4P800-e Deluxe/Twinx xms PC3200Xl

kats

Hi all

I've some problems with my ram... Some crashes, returns to windows, etc..

I use for this config:

ASUS P4P800-e Deluxe

Corsair Dual Channel TwinX XMS 2x512 PC3200 XL

P4C 3,2Ghz

I've made some tests with Memtest, and i had approximatively 300 errors in 5 min.. So I set the DDR Voltage to 2.75V in the bios and memtest gave me 1 or 2 errors in 30 mins... :sigh!: But I would like NO errors... Which settings should I use? :confused:

Thank you for your advises

I set the voltage to 2.85 as you said. Memtest86 has made 6 pass without error... Does it mean that my system is stable?

How many pass must I make to be sure?

Some people said to me that I should use RMA if memtest made some errors, even only 1 time... I don't know what to think...

:confused: :confused:

• Corsair Employee
Well no that is not correct, Memtest will show if the data that it is transmitting back and forth is intact, the type of error and or which test will sometimes help to show what part of the system is failing, not only the memory! Usually if you have a failing module it will fail with in the first 2-3 passes of memtest. If there is some other problem it may take a lot longer for errors to show up! So the way to look at this would be what test do you get errors one and at what pass and at what memory range, all of those things can help to tell if it's the CPU or maybe the chipset or memory that are failing! But there is not a specific failure that will tell all!

Archived