Corsair Community

Any plan for a longer warranty on SSD drives?

I know exactly what the OP is talking about and a 2-year warranty is... ish... :D Bought a P256 at around $700, would love to know that the company would continue to stand behind them a bit longer, but as an individual in the insurance industry, I know about protecting from catastrophic loss due to claims, RMAs in this instance. Meh, just didn't want to create a second thread for the same topic!

At least Corsair has a reputation for offering excellent support, but a 3 years warranty would have been nice. But I guess we should not complain since it's clearly explained on the product page. We can always ask nicely and hope for the best. :D:

In terms of using a forum to communicate with you fine folks at Corsair, I think that is the best we can hope fore. My P256 just burns through applications. Just a case in point, I work as a consultant from a home office, and periodically, more frequently than any of us like, my PC would freeze or just act funny (windows OS?), and I'd need to reboot before I could get information, I would usually have to stall someone for over a minute while the machine posted, loaded windows and then the system tray applications, internet, etc. I had a problem and had to reboot just this morning, and I laughed with the person on the phone as I explained my technical difficulties, we could barely even get started on a tangent before my system was back up. Including my 10 second post, the boot time from post to USABLE operating system (ie not just seeing the mouse pointer, but being able to actually click and have icons or programs respond) is around 20-25 seconds.

I love it. I just want to be able to love it long time.

• Corsair Employee

I do understand and the question has been noted and reported.

However, if you system keeps doing that I would check for what might be causing that, the system should run with our locking up, however they will occasionally have some issue that my be un-explainable if that is what you are stating.

I am talking the more inexplicable types of times where a program might hang - this would typically come as a culmination of long use, and probably various softwares not properly addressing their own opening and successive closure of resources. I was happy that my colleague didn't have to put up with much of my own banter!

Archived