Corsair Community

H80i GT in 230T?

Erroll

As a follow up I was able to test fit it today and it seems to go in fine. I will report back on the final fit when I get the MB on Tuesday because of course that is the one thing that gets delayed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have completed this build and the radiator with two fans fits fine in a 230T with an ASUS X99-A MB. I have had two kinds of RAM installed. G.Skilll value (no heat spreader) and Corsair LPX. Both fit fine although it is a challenge to remove and replace the RAM underneath the radiator.

There is room to mount a fan on the more forward of the top vents (I put the previous rear fan there) but the rear third of the top vent is completely blocked.

So, thumbs up for installing the H80i GT into the 230T case with the caveat that I have only tested it with relatively low profile memory.

My only complaint is I wish the rear mounting screws were a little longer.

Unfortunately I forgot to get a pic before I put the computer back together and in its spot in my computer desk but next time I take it out I will snap an pic and update the thread.

• Corsair Employee
I feel your pain I have a 750D and at the top I can only get 1 fan on the radiator, as it hits the ram slots with the 2nd fan.

Are you using an H80i GT or a different cooler?

I have a 360mm radiator with push-pull fans on it in my 750D. It's snug in there but it definitely fits.

Archived