Corsair Community

Scimitar key pad issue

V45H

sometimes when pressing the keypad buttons they dont release the input making them as if there still held down even when they arnt is there a way to prevent this from happening its impacting my gaming ability

• Corsair Employee

Is the button physically not coming back to rest? If it's a physical issue, the mouse would need to be replaced.

For most uses, remapping the key works best to exhibit the same behavior as if you pressed and held the original. Macros work best for a string of entries. Double check to see which action you have selected.

its not a physical issue as far as i can tell the mouse button comes back to rest and works fine the actual key input is the issue it think im still holding down the key when i release it and idk if that's an issue with the mouse the software or my system although i haven't noticed this issue with anything but the side keypad im using keystroke remapping as the arrow keys are only available through keystroke remap i have tried using the remap in this manner without the software running and still have the same issue https://i.imgur.com/idJxIcV.png

its all the keys but as far as i can tell only the keypad and i tried reflashing trying various combinations of usb 2 and 3 ports scaning for viruses just incase and updating several drivers and i still have the issue

I had the same problem with mine. Didn't matter what I did, re-flashed firmware, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers and software, tried different ports etc. It still happened.

Honestly, I personally think CUE is just not very good. I've had loads of problems with CUE since I got this mouse, between the software randomly crashing while playing - which causes the side buttons to not work and this issue of the software getting stuck causing input duplication. Which is a shame, I like the mouse, but you're forced to use the software to take advantage of its features, so the software not being good just drags it down with it.

Funny really, before I used to use a Razer Epic Naga, and that had the opposite problem, the software ran decently, but the hardware was just prone to failure. I had mine replaced 2 times during the 2 year warranty for the same issue, the scroll wheel becoming jumpy.

What happens if you create a new profile or try saving it profile to one of the 3 hardware profiles on the mouse? If you use the hardware profile, you'll need to exit CUE to activate them.

that didnt help either i still experienced the issue

Archived