Corsair Community

bad memory?

Amy

have a problem with my new cmx512-2700c2 memory module.normally my pc works fine with the old samsung 256mb memory that i have.but when i put in the xms module(alone) i get a blue screen or when i can boot to the os(win2000)my video card(asus 7700)drives wild.the monitor begins to flash on and off and after a short time the system reboots.i have a asus p4pe mb and a pentium 4 - [email]1800@2400.my[/email] mb supports unbuffered non-ecc pc2700 and lower,double or singlesided memory.my questions are: 1. is my memory unbuffered non-ecc? 2. is the memory damaged? 3. or are there any special settings to make in the bios(select by spd,all other memory setting were - auto and memory turbo was disabled were set.bios =award. thanks

• Corsair Employee
1. is my memory unbuffered non-ecc? A: Yes! 2. is the memory damaged? A: Not sure see bellow! 3. or are there any special settings to make in the bios(select by spd,all other memory setting were - auto and memory turbo was disabled were set.bios =award. Yes if you have the memory Freq set to DDR333 and the CPU over clocked as you have listed you are running the memory at about DDR400 and may be why it's fialing. Please set the memory Freq. ratio to 1-1 and see if the memory will pass [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] Or if possible I would test the module with the CPU at defaults and set the memory to run at DDR333 at Cass 2-3-3-6 and test with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url]

have already ran the memory with normal cpu speed,but it did'nt matter,same failures. my cpu is a p4-1800 100fsb.the fsb is set to 133,thats why it's running at 2400mhz.normally that does'nt bother the agb-pci and memory because they run at the same speed i think. sdram configuration(by spd) are set to 2-3-3-6 automatically. i don't have a memory Freq. ratio setting in my bios.only can set memory frequenzy and that is set to auto.i also tried 333mhz. my normale memory is from samsung and it work without failure at cpu 2400. i also used a kingston module pc 2100,it worked also.so i think the xms module is damaged. at last i will try the memory test you told me.but now it's 3.30 in the morning here in austria and i'm tired from messing around with my pc the whole day.thanks for the quick response.

• Corsair Employee
Lets try replacing the modules. Please send us a email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]form[/URL] or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to [email]Warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email]. Or you can also use the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.html]On Line RMA Request Form[/URL] as well. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it.

ran the memory test today and got a lot of errors.so i went to my pc store and got a new module in exchange.stuck in the new stick and set the memory to 2-3-3-6 and everthing is working fine since then.do you suggest any other memory settings? after all,it was just bad luck that my first bought corsair memory was damaged.thanks for your quick responce and help

Archived