Corsair Community

Corsair SP 2500 Subwoofer issues

npowers86

Hey this is my first time posting to this forum but i just have a few questions. I recently purchased a set of Corsair SP2500 speakers. The sound through the speakers sounds great, but the sub is VERY low. I had heard alot of good things about the bass and thought it would be shaking the room, when playing Battlefield 3 or listening to music, but even when i turn up the bass to red on the remote it is still very low.

I can feel air coming from the subwoofer so i know it is working. I have the system hooked up using the red and white rca connections that came with the speakers, and I have them plugged into a Creative Soundblaster Z sound card. Could it be that there is something I need to adjust on the sound card? if so does anyone have any advice? I appreciate any help. thanks

• 2 months later...
Did you figure out how to solve this? i am getting the same problem. i just received the sp 2500 and i was expecting my room to tremble but the bass volume is so low. i also have the creative sound blaster z and it just doesnt recognize the sub. it is like one of the satellites. i´ve tried updating the drivers and software but it is not working. thanks

I checked all that before. The thing is that when i use the sound blaster software and i test the satellites and sub, there is no sound when i click the sub and when i click on any of the two satellites the sub produces sound. i already try to use the onboard sound and the sub is not like really loud it is just low. so i want to check whether there is something wrong with my sub or it is just my fault so i can exchange the sub. How can i check that?? because if a normal onboard sound of a computer can´t really make the sub work properly i am guessing a mobile or ipad wont do the trick. Thanks.

Archived