Corsair Community

Not displaying all of the system fans

GordonWade

Recently installed an H100i and Corsair Link 4.9.4.28 and while other tools report fan speeds for each of the fans attached to the MOBO (Asus X58), CL-4 does not report all of them, I have a 5Krpm fan attached to the North Bridge fan header and it is not being displayed.

CL4.thumb.PNG.9a61756f1aa284930b5890110e940153.PNG

CL4_2.PNG.b72e6f56f4b0f62a8e5e9955fceea925.PNG

This is actually not unusual and happens because the component that Link uses for the system sensors doesn't pick all of them up. The (unfortunate) reality is that there is no standard for these things and every motherboard maker and platform is different. I would guess that HWMonitor (not HWInfo) would also not see the same fan.

I Just downloaded & tested with HWMonitor and you are correct, it fails to see the fans too.

I also seem to recall that when I was testing prime95 under Ubuntu, that lm-sensors had no issues finding all of the fans, that was before I installed the Corsair cooler. As 60% of the monitoring tools found the fans, granted one was supplied by ASUS so I would expect that to find them, so it may indicate that Corsair might want to see how these other applications are gathering data to see if they could improve their application. FWIW HWMonitor isn't doing a good job of reporting MAX temps (even after clearing them) it indicates max values about 2x what they should be, so not exactly the best benchmark.

CL4_3.thumb.PNG.a0e66796a6b29bfca3363b79fd3bd87f.PNG

I Just downloaded & tested with HWMonitor and you are correct, it fails to see the fans too.

I also seem to recall that when I was testing prime95 under Ubuntu, that lm-sensors had no issues finding all of the fans, that was before I installed the Corsair cooler. As 60% of the monitoring tools found the fans, granted one was supplied by ASUS so I would expect that to find them, so it may indicate that Corsair might want to see how these other applications are gathering data to see if they could improve their application. FWIW HWMonitor isn't doing a good job of reporting MAX temps (even after clearing them) it indicates max values about 2x what they should be, so not exactly the best benchmark.

There is no one tool that works perfectly on every motherboard platform. Just because a tools works well for your Asus motherboard doesn't mean that it works for MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA, SuperMicro, AsRock, Biostar, Jetway, ECS, or any of the other motherboard makers.

Archived