Corsair Community

Best Corsair Memory for ASUS P4PE

TheBigC

Ram Guy,

I do not know if this has been answered before, but here goes.

I have a P4PE with a 2.4Ghz CPU 533Mhz FSB, WD800JB 80GB drive, and currently 512mb Samsung RAM.

I would like to upgrade to the best performance RAM, keeping at 333Mhz speed if possible. also, as much RAM as possible, maybe 2GB if I could.

What would be the most stable and best Corsair performer you can come up with? I do not want to overclock.

Could I also have the BIOS settings for your recommendation?

Thanks!

First, this is not the RAM guy. I akso have an Asus P4PE with a 3.06GHz 533MHz FSB CPU.

I've used the XMX3200OC2 (2 x 512MB) and have also just purchased VS2GBKIT400C3 (2 x 1 GHz) to trial. Why? To see if I can set the CAS to similar settings as the XMS3200OC2 when I run the PC3200 memory at PC2700 speeds. This way I can max out the board with 2 gig of memory and still get decent CAS timing(s)...I hope. I'll report back after I run the two version off and see where I end up.

• Corsair Employee

Best Value would be VS2GBKit400C3 and just let the bios set the timings and set the voltage to 2.75 Volts and you should be good to go.

Or for better performance I would suggest Twinx2048-3200C2 and they should run at Cas 2-3-3-6 at DDR333 with no problem, just set the memory voltage to 2.75 Volts.

Thanks RAM GUY,

I have a TWINX1024-3200C2 already thats not being used, so I'll go with that one. What slots should I put these two sticks into? Any other BIOS issues besides 2-3-3-6, 333Mhz and 2.75v that need to be addressed with this type of memory?

Thanks again!

Archived