Corsair Community

Ditched Clink for HWiNFO

ChuckC

First off I love Corsair hardware. I have an H100i v2, 4 ML series fans, 2 sticks of Vengeance mem, RM850x PSU and a K70 RGB keyboard. I also use CUE and it's great. CLink not so much. Well I finally got tired of CLink4. It was reporting speeds for fans that didn't exist and wrong speeds for fans that did.:mad: So I looked around for other solutions. Speedfan was just as bad and don't even waste your time on MooO. (a complete pile of garbage). Then I happened across HWiNFO. Wow what a program. I think this will tell you the amount of dust on your fan blades :biggrin: . But what really got my interest was a addon for it. A Windows gadget called HWiNFOMonitor. Yes you can run gadgets on Win10. You have to download and install Windows Gadget Installer, then download the Gadget itself. The gadget is totally customizable. It's a little involved but nothing you can't figure out. Right click on the gadget and choose Options. Read the Instructions tab and the About tab. Scroll down on the General tab to choose the items you want to show in the gadget. I'll provide links to everything below. I'll provide a screenshot of my setup also. There is one problem - you can't control the color of the led on the cooler. However I can live with that. Give it a try. I'm totally pleased.

HWiNFO: https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

Gadget Installer: http://gadgetsrevived.com/download-sidebar/

HWiNFO Gadget: https://www.hwinfo.com/addons.php

HWiNFO.thumb.png.7b24b6947bf84ea912f2a6591c770ce7.png

I'm also a fan of HWInfo. However, it also doesn't let you control your cooler's fan speeds - though you can set the default settings in the hardware.

Unfortunately, you can't run HWInfo and Link or iCue together unless you disable the Corsair integration in HWInfo, which makes me sad.

I've not seen the HWInfo gadget tho ... that's quite cool!

In other news ... have you taken a look at iCue yet? Same caveats about the Corsair integration apply but it's a pretty great jump forward. Of course, if you don't have a lot of RGB, it's probably not as big of a draw to you.

I've been meaning to read up on icue. I'll do that soon. As far as setting fan speeds I do that in BIOS. Works for me. I so wish Corsair would invest more in their software. I'll keep checking on any new clink updates but it's just not polished enough for me. I'm OCD and can't stand when something doesn't work and I can't fix it. I just ordered a M65 Pro RGB mouse (I am a serious Corsair fan boy) :laughing: from Amazon. It would be great if Corsair had 1 software suite to rule them all. I feel they're missing the boat there. maybe I'll live long enough to see it happen. LOL. Thanks for your reply. Take care. Have fun.

Archived