Corsair Community

h100i v2 high Temperatures

Tim7D

I think my h100i v2 isnt performing well.

My Idle Temps are 35-40° celsius and randomly gets up to 60° for a second.

Under Load (With Aida64) the temps get up to 85-95°. My Room temp is about 23-28°

I have a Intel i7 6700k at 4.6Ghz with 1.28v and a z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard.

What could i do too improve the Performance?

Thanks for any Help.

Hi buddy

whats your Liquid temp in Corsair link?

If this is a Recent addition to your machine,,, or your Motherboard Bios has updated/reset.. make sure in bios that the CPU fan control is set to Maximum.

a screen shot of Corsair Link could be helpful if possible duder

• 6 months later...

Tim7D

I think im having the exact same issue. Could you tell me whether you used a screw driver, the orientation you installed, or whether you used additional thermal paste etc?

Im going crazy. Im not sure whether this issue always existed and i never noticed or its a new thing, Ive been playing games like PUBG, GTA V, Fallout 4 etc, and my PC never gave a BSOD or, blew up or melted or anything....

But seeing temps hike as high as 95, boils my blood...

• Corsair Employee

Tim, did you just install the cooler? or you have had it in your system for a while now? If its newly installed, then you don't need to apply thermal past as the cooler has it pre-applied.

Try to reseat your pump and make sure you have a full contact between the CPU and coldplate because 90°C is pretty high for just playing games. Also, how are you monitoring your CPU temp? via Corsair Link? or other SW?

Archived