Corsair Community

2 kits of CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 on Asus Rampage III Extreme

R3EXTRME

Hello Everyone,

I used to have the TR3X6G1600C8D (2 Kits ) 12GB with this same setup and had no problem with my system.

Ever since I upgraded to the CMT6GX3M3A2000C8, I have experienced random system freezes in anything that I am doing. It could be surfing the net or playing a game and it freezes.

After doing some reseach, I have come across multiple articles stating this could be causes by inproper voltage and timing settings.

I was hoping that someone had a similiar setup as mine ( at least with Motherboard and Processor ) to help me adjust the correct setting under CMOS to get my system from freezing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

• Corsair Employee

Mixing two sets is not suggested especially for over clocked parts like this, I would try and load setup defaults and then enable XMP and set the memory frequency manually to DDR1600 and see if its stable.

Form there you can run CPU-Z and see what stepping you have on your CPU most likely its (D0) if so you can adjust the QPI Voltage to no more then 1.45 Volts and see if you can get a little more out of the memory frequency like DDR1866 or maybe and a big maybe DDR2000.

Archived