Corsair Community

Is the Corsair Commander Mini even worth it?

Zukky

Hi all,

I'm building a new machine, my specs are as follows:

Case: Corsair 380T

MoBo: Asrock X99-E ITX

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz

CPU: Intel 5960x 3.00GHz

GPU: Zotac 980Ti AMP! Edition

PSU: Corsair AX860i

CPU Cooler: H100i GTX

HDD: Samsung SM951 512Gb PCI-e Genx3 M.2

I have two things I am stuck on:

1) I wanted to know, is it worth me investing in the Commander Mini to control my front 200mm fan, rear 140mm, H100i GTX and PSU. Also, using the thermal probes on the SM951 HDD (they run hot), ambient temperature, rear temp and front temp.

OR

2) Should I just not get the Commander Mini and run the fans off of the fan controller built in into 380t and rely on just the Corsair Link for the CPU cooler to manage the speed of the fans (PSU Link connected to H100iGTX)?

I've heard many issues with the Commander Mini and not really good things about it. However, the videos online seem promising. What are your personal thoughts on this? Should I invest in it or pass?

• Corsair Employee

In the 380T? No, I don't think the Commander Mini is necessary and I actually opted to forego it in my own build.

Use the case's fan controller for the case fans, use the Link software to control your PSU and cooler, and use an NZXT UI01 to split that USB 2.0 header.

In the 380T? No, I don't think the Commander Mini is necessary and I actually opted to forego it in my own build.

Use the case's fan controller for the case fans, use the Link software to control your PSU and cooler, and use an NZXT UI01 to split that USB 2.0 header.

Thanks. So I'll pass on it.

Why would I need the NZXT UI01? The USB headers are enough. Only need the 1 for PSU and Cooler. Apparently you can plug the PSU link into the cooler and then cooler into header so both are read?

Apparently you can plug the PSU link into the cooler and then cooler into header so both are read?

This is only possible with the H100i and H80i coolers. All of the latest generation H110iGTX + H110iGT + H100iGTX + H80iGT do not have a C-Link port so this is not possible.

What I do is use the same USB header for both my moving the pins, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=759634.

Archived