Corsair Community

HX1050 Gold Fan on/off constantly

NOCIVOX

Hi! This is my first post, i´m spanish and not very good with english, please be patient :). The case is that i just received today the same HX1050 gold as replacement unit for my faulty HX1000 and have exactly the same issues with the fan. Same issues that Heofz has told and feel very disappointed too.. :( I´ve just emailed RMA support about this and also i would ask for some support here.

Well, I've been up all night doing tests and this is what I got:

- Watching a MKV movie fan ramps on at 100% for about a half minute, then stops. It do this once every 2-4 minutes... :confused:

- Stressing CPU (OCCT CPU) it takes much longer to turn on the fan. A half minute and spin off, once every about 10 minutes o more.

- Stressing CPU and GPU (OCCT power supply test) fan ramped on at 100% (??) and never stop until manual finishing test. Note that noise generated by the PSU is much higher than the rest of the computer even the graphic card roaring mercilessly. I can´t believe the piece of my pc that generates far more noise is the PSU :eek:. Looks like something is wrong with it.

Here in Madrid are in Winter, the heating is turned off at night and my room is rather cool, can´t be a thermal regulation matter.

Please help! Thanks in advance, all info will be much appreciated.

• Corsair Employee
I have answered you on another thread but that is normal operation for that PSU you might try adding a few more HDD's to load the system more as that will likely keep the system at a higher level and may high be enough where the fan will not turn completely off and start the cycle all over again.

Thanks for replying. What you prupose sounds... that's pretty much as if I buy a trousers that are too big and I instead of changing eat more to fatten and fill it. Even if it may result think that not seems to be the best way to solve it. The HX1000 had another kind of issues but fan was very silent... I feel very disappointed with the RMA.

Nevertheless really appreciate your help but I need another solution, perhaps another PSU model as you proposed...

Regards

• Corsair Employee
I would suggest speaking with our customer service in that case and see if they can do that for you and what the options might be. You can call the toll free number listed under contact on the main site using skype to make the call for free since you are out side the USA.

thanks a lot! I have a question, do you think that the AX860 is equal to the HX1050 Gold or must I go to another better? An user of this forum told us the excelences of this psu about silent and most important, free of fan ramp on issue. What do you think?

Thanks!

Ok, they contacted me right now (it´s 01:23AM in Spain, veeery late heheh) and agreed with the trade. So they said UPS will contact me to collect the PSU an when received in their warehouse will send the AX860, so I think it will be a happy ending :).

Thank you very much for your highly valued help and have a Merry Christmas!!

Hi Ram Guy, I need again your valued help. It´s supposed that I have to wait till UPS contact me to collect the PSU but... are they really going to call me or directly came to my home to collect it? Also I will need to print some kind of label to stick in the parcel, is it? I emailed RMA support several hours ago with that and still didn´t reply. The parcel is ready to dispatch and now I don´t know what to do. Could you do anything about it?

Thanks in advance!

• Corsair Employee
I just emailed them and asked them to send this unit to me for testing so when they contact you for that please let them know your questions. I am sorry but I honestly dont know the process as it is different in different countries but they will either send you a label to put on the package or UPS will come and pick it up and put a label on it for you

Archived