Corsair Community

Use cables from HX520 with AX760?

FalvinP

I built my original system in October, 2007. In June, 2012 I replaced the motherboard, memory, processor and heatsink with the items in my profile. Right now I have quite a bit of hardware connected to the pc, but I have not yet installed a video or sound card, opting to use the on-board systems for now.

In the next few days I will be installing a usb 3.0 card reader, enabled through a expansion card in a Pci-e slot to provide an additional usb 3.0 20 pin header in the case, since the one on the motherboard is already in use. Also, I'll be installing a hot swap drive bay in one of the 5 1/4 bays.

In anticipation of getting a fairly high end video card this spring, I couldn't pass up the great deal available for the new AX760. I don't need the additional features of the "i" version.

Quick question: Can I use the cables from the HX 520 that are already connected to various components in the case with the soon to arrive AX760? Except for the 24 pin power cable, which I think has a short in it, I'd like to disconnect the cables from the HX520, replace it with the new AX760, and then reconnect the existing cables to the new power supply.

I thought I read somewhere recently that the cables were proprietary to each model, but what I read may have been referring to the individually sleeved cables that are available.

Thanks for your assistance.

Archived