Corsair Community

ST100 not synchronised

clarkiej

I have just purchased an ST100. It is visible in Cue, but when I assign colours to it, inside Cue, the colours selected or colour changes do not always show on the stand. They only display if I disconnect and reconnect the USB cable. I have tried using different USB ports (both USB 2 and USB3) and the problem persists. I have checked the firmware, and it says it is current, and I have also forced a firmware update without success.

When I try link mode with my keyboard, mouse and mouse pad, the colour shift is smooth for these devices, but for the ST100, the colour shift actually turns off between colours as opposed to blending between them, and after a few colour changes, the ST100 then stops changing colours and remains stuck on one colour.

Unfortunately I only have the one PC. As an update, after a couple of reboots, the stand appears to responding better. In link mode it does appear to be matching better (though the colour changes are abrupt and not smooth). When changing colour choices in CUE the stand still will not display teh changed colour unless I disconnect and reconnect the USB cable.

I had mine work fine when i first plugged it into USB 3, then it stopped recognizing on my usb 3's and usb2 works fine...think for me my mobo might just be too old to have the full usb 3 spec? not sure, but sounds logical. i know you said you tried both above so that may not be your issue.

The ST100 is currently plugged into a USB2 port. Maybe the stand is happier in USB2 instead of USB3. It was exhibiting teh same problems in both before, but I have done a couple of reboots since then as well as having the latest Windoze 10 update pushed through. Maybe this had an effect on the system.

Archived