Corsair Community

K70 Rapidfire non-rgb - LEDs died and resurrected

TedTrippin

Hi,

I bought my keyboard just over 2 weeks ago. A couple of days ago, the '6' and 'Y' LEDs went out. After googling, I found A LOT of complaints about corsair keyboards and LED failure. As it's under 1 month, I was going to return it. I turned on my comp last night and they were working again :bigeyes:

I'm running win10 and I haven't installed any software for the keyboard. I just plugged-n-played. Note, I have never installed any keyboard software, or any corsair software for that matter.

Before my one month is up, I'd like to know if its likely a known issue or a faulty keyboard or what?

You will want to put in a support ticket and see what Corsair says. It is unlikely to be faulty if they still work, but if they periodically turn off, then something could possibly be wrong with the keyboard.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

I'm not 100% sure on how the LED is mounted on the non-RGB Cherry MX Speed Switches, but if it is similar to the RGB switches, the chances of a LED failure are very low compared to the older K70/K95 keyboards.

Archived