Corsair Community

Asus Striker II Extreme and XMS3 kit

axiom712

Hello,

My specs are above and I'm having an issue with my PC booting with all memory sticks installed. My MB has an LCD Poster and will not go past CODEINIT error with all 4 sticks in, however, it boots up just fine with only 3 sticks in.

According to Asus' QVL, it looks like they don't even accept 8GB in any combinations, yet the MB states everywhere that it is compatible with up to 8GB RAM.

I have never OC'ed before, so that is all new to me, but I did change my BIOS settings to match the RAM (9-9-9-24-2T-1.5v).

Any help would be hugely appreciated, as it seems like I paid for 8GB but can only use 6GB. :(

And yes, I know right this moment I have W7 32-Bit, which reads only 2.75 usable, but I am installing 64-bit in a few days to rectify that issue. One problem at a time. :)

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but officially we do not suggest mixing memory, you can do it but in most cases you will need to lower the memory frequency and increase the memory and Memory controller voltage. In you case I would try and install all four module and re-set the BIOS and see if it will post and let you back to the BIOS then load setup defaults and set the memory frequency to DDR1066 and set the memory Voltage to 1.7 Volts and set the Nforce SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts over default and make sure command Rate is set to 2T then disable legacy USB and see if it will pass http://www.memtest.org.

I don't know how to change to DDR1066, or the SPP Voltage. I'm attaching pics of my BIOS settings.

Also, I just tried throwing in the 4th stick for the hell of it just now and I got all sorts of errors and my system wouldn't even boot...saying elxstor.sys was missing or corrupt....

IMAG0034.thumb.jpg.97c0221c6e119b81df14f40dcd957e0a.jpg

IMAG0036.thumb.jpg.d8f737329b1d038fa9eb001fa5fc9c6c.jpg

IMAG0037.thumb.jpg.b9f0ed8bacb498354f4b35888bb67bb8.jpg

• Corsair Employee

With ASUS MB's you need to disable Legacy USB and with this setting disabled you will not be able to boot to a USB drive, so you will want o down load the ISO image and burn it to CD.

And on that MB it will be the NB Core Voltage you will increase it +.2 Volts so if its at 1.15 set it to 1.35 Volts.

Archived