Corsair Community

H70 fan and pump power specs

Davet58

• 10 months later...

Thought I'd renew this thd because the question hasn't been answered and I can't seem to find what the current draw is for the H70 pump.

I've used H series coolers on several builds to date and have always connected the fans to either a direct PSU lead or other chassis fan headers because there was no option for fan connections from the pump.

This new H70 I bought does have a pigtail connector for the fans and it would be a very clean option to use from a wire management perspective.

So what's the current draw for the pump??????

Most MB CPU headers are rated for 1A max.

Most 120mm fans will draw right around .45A max. (x 2= .9A)

That doesn't leave any headroom (.1A) for the pump.

If the pump draws around .2A or .3A I could live with exceeding the CPU header's rating

by that much,but if it draws as much(or more) than a fan I can't.

Connect the pump directly to the power supply and the fans to the cpu header. The pump should really run at full tilt anyways.

This is the way I have mine setup on my ********P8P67 mother board with both my cooling fans connected to the PWM connector. Fans draw very little.

Ram Guy's answer above pretty much answers the question.

Thanks for the response.

I'd rather not connect the pump directly to the PSU. Can't tell if the

pump is functioning properly that way.

Well,Ram Guy sorta answers the question "about 5 watts"; not very definitive.

If you assume 5 watts then current can be calculated to be .416A,close to what a 120mm fan draws.

Hummm,that would mean for those people who use these pigtails and connect the pump to the CPU header (as shown in their video) are exceeding their CPU header current by about 50%. Not good.

Think I'll just stick with the way I've always hooked these up.

Archived