Corsair Community

900D Front Rad

Jhors2

So I watched the review of the 900D a few times from TTL. I am confused about something that I am interested in doing. I wanted to install a 480mm RAD in the bottom of this case, as well as one in the top, both push pull. However, if possible I also wanted to install a 30mm thick front 360mm or 240mm radiator. Is this possible? I want to retain the two front drive cages if possible, or atleast one. If I kept one of them I would still be able to run the tubing properly. I just haven't determined if I can fit a 30mm rad and a push fan setup with the air filter on the front of the case. Any help is appreciated!

• Corsair Employee

This is the size of radiator used for the first 900D water cooling build in house: 240 Radiators (278x124x30)mm

Only a set of fans though. You can put push pull, but none of the HDD cage will fit.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
I have a 40mm rad on the bottom, will I be able to do a push pull on that size? I notice a 30mm was used on that build.

Yes, it will fit but the set of fans right next to the PSU will have barely enough room for airflow.

I have a EK XTX480 (64mm) down the bottom (connected to 2 TITANS) with push/pull with SP120 QE PWM (25mm each) and there is not much clearance to the Power Supply Fan (AX1200i) but it works fine.

I also have XT480 (47mm) (connected to 4770K CPU) up the top as a XTX is about 5 mm too thick with push/pull with SP120 QE PWM (25mm fans) and the bottom fans hit the motherboard.

With 8 fans on each Radiator the fans run at their lowest speed all the time quietly and only have to speed up a little (and speed up the pump a little) if I max the TITANS out number crunching.

(all done with Corsair link + 5 cooling nodes of course)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived