Corsair Community

Asus Rampage II Extreme and TR3X6G1600C7

rmb4

Hello,

I have Rampage 2 Extreme with core i7 9200 D0 + 3 x 2GB Corsair CM3X2G1600C7,

In Bios i have only 4088 MB ( no every time ) and sometimes cold boot.

My setting:

BIOS Version 1639

CPU Ratio - 21

BCLK - 201

CPU V - 1.275 to 1.3

DRAM - 1611

QPI/DRAM - 1.375 to 1.5

IOH V - 1.2

ICH - 1.126

CPU PLL - 1.82

DRAM V - 1.65 to 1.75

Memory timing:

7-7-7-20 T2 auto

If I have everything on auto only ddr timing is 9-9-9-24 on 1333MHz and is same problem :(

In memtest is 0 error (10 min - one by one).

I change motherboard (same model) and have same problem :(

Only if double start computer everything is OK.

I think Corsair CM3X2G1600C7 doesnt work with ASUS RAMPAGE 2 Extreme

PS.

Sorry for my English

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with ASUS P6TD Deluxe and TR3X6G1600C7: on "cold" boot, Windows 7 64bit sees only 4,00Gb out of 6Gb. After immediate shutdown (not reboot, but shutdown) and turning the PC on again, it sees 6,00Gb. After that I can reboot countless times and the OS will still see 6Gb. I even can shut the PC down for 1,5 hours and then the OS still sees 6Gb. But if the PC stays shut down for night, say, 6-7 hours, after cold boot the OS will again see only 4,00Gb. Then shutdown => 6Gb is there.

By the way, I did not find TR3X6G1600C7 in the list of compatible RAM for ASUS P6TD Deluxe. In fact, I did not find this RAM in ANY of the lists of compatible RAMs for ASUS x58-based mobos. Strange.

Can someone here help me and rmb4?

Hello again.

Can it be so that Corsair experts have absolutely nothing to say on this very peculiar issue associated with COLD BOOT? Your help is needed, please, pay attention to this post. The cold boot issue is not unique, I know other customers experiencing it who use P6T series boards and Corsair TR3X6G1600C7. Some of them even RMAed their motherboards and that DID NOT resolve this cold boot problem.

rmb4,

As I can see, there is a trendy "bent pin theory"... I assume that the fact that you got another motherboard should rule out the bent pin theory in your case. As for me, I do not believe in this theory. First, I know one guy with the same RAM who also RMAed his ASUS P6T Deluxe V.2 and still has the cold boot issue. Second, I know another guy, who did not have cold boot issue with one RAM brand but got the cold boot issue after he changed RAM brand (Corsair is not involved in his case). Third, what is the probability that all of us who have cold boot issue have exactly the same pin(s) bent? My opinion is that it is incompatibility, and it would be nice if Corsair experts confirm that. Or disprove and just provide their expert insight.

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS version installed and then load setup defaults and enable XMP and then test the system with http://www.memtest.org with out over clocking the CPU, do you still have the same cold boot issues? If yes please test the modules one at a time to see if you can isolate one of the modules and please note this is for one set of modules if you are using two sets or mixing memory this testing should only be done with one matching set.

Hello Ram Guy,

I have the latest BIOS.

I use only one set of memory.

I experienced cold boot issue at default settings in BIOS, no CPU overclock (i7 920) but without XMP enabled.

Default RAM voltage is equal to 1,5V, as TurboV shows. Maybe it is not enough...

Hello Ram Guy,

I have new BIOS version 1704 and with one of the three ram modules computer doesn't work :( (one modules is broken).Could I send only one to RMA ?

Memory info: TR3X6G1600C7 sn: 09371028.

Please write me RMA address in Poland (phone numbers).

Ram Guy, hello and thanks

I set XMP profile and now I am observing.

Also, I tested all three mem sticks individually, one by one, using bootable CD with latest Memtest software on it. All modules did fine, no errors (I let them pass just one pass for each).

Also, consider this: Initially, I experienced cold boot issue every time. Two days ago, I set the following in the BIOS:

DRAM Bus Voltage 1.66

QPI/DRAM Core Voltage 1.45

CPU PLL Voltage 1.88

IOH Voltage 1.16

IOH PCIE Voltage 1.54

ICH Voltage 1.2

ICH PCIE Voltage 1.6

After that I had no cold boot issue for two days, but a few hours ago I got 0x0000001A BSOD(Memory_Management) and after restart got 4Gb recognized. Then, as I said, I set everything at defaults in BIOS and loaded XMP profile, then memtested every RAM stick individually. No errors. So now I must turn the PC off for about 7 hours and see and then, if there is no cold boot issue, I must ensure the system is stable and BSOD-free.

When playing GTA-IV with XMP profile enabled I got unexpected closing of the game soon after the beginning of playing. I raised QPI/DRAM voltage up to 1,5 then played without problems for long.

After 6-hour cold boot the OS recognized 4Gb out of 6Gb. After turning it off and then on, as usual, I got 6Gb recognized.

Are you the same guys who posted in the Asus R2E Forum?

Anyway. I hope this helps....

1st: When you have only 4GB of memory detected do a CPU-Z and check if your memory is still 4GB or 6GB. 4GB probably means busted/faulty memory while 6GB means something wrong with your BIOS Setting.

2nd: Unplug all your memory module. Turn on your computer then do a reset on the BIOS setting (yes with no memory module). See your motherboard manual on how to do this. (Hint there is a reset BIOS default botton at the back of your board e.g keyboard/mouse). Probably push 2-3 times just make sure while the computer is on.

Note: If you have upgraded your BIOS from the older version without resetting from the default setting of your old BIOS....thats a bad move.

Turn off your computer. Now plug your memory module, turn on your computer and go to BIOS and go to the AI Overclock Tuner and set it to XMP. Save Settings then reboot then go back to the BIOS and do other setting e.g. storage device (IDE/AHCI) but not to touch the Extreme Tweaker Settings anymore.

Do a reformat of your Windows System. Install only 3 program. CPU-Z, Everest, & Prime95. Only this 3.....don't install the sound drivers/SB-X Fi or program but yes you can install the hardware.

Do an Everest and check for the following values...

Voltage Values (This is mine on default i7 950 D0)

CPU Core 0.94 V

+3.3 V 3.31 V

+5 V 4.97 V

+12 V 11.98 V

+5 V Standby 5.16 V

CPU PLL 1.81 V

North Bridge Core 1.13 V

North Bridge +1.5 V 1.51 V

South Bridge Core 1.11 V

South Bridge +1.5 V 1.51 V

QPI 1.36 V

DIMM 1.65 V

If you have both of this....then do a torture test of "Blend" with Prime 95 for atleast 1-2 Hours.

Goodluck.

1st: When you have only 4GB of memory detected do a CPU-Z and check if your memory is still 4GB or 6GB. 4GB probably means busted/faulty memory while 6GB means something wrong with your BIOS Setting.

Thanks. CPU-Z shows 6Gb all the same.

Yes, new BIOS version was flashed without any prior resets.

I don't understand how to reset BIOS without RAM installed... There is nothing in the manual as to how to reset BIOS on turned on PC without RAM installed.

PS. I never posted on Asus R2E Forum :)

Unplug all your memory module. Turn on your computer then do a reset on the BIOS setting (yes with no memory module). See your motherboard manual on how to do this. (Hint there is a reset BIOS default botton at the back of your board e.g keyboard/mouse). Probably push 2-3 times just make sure while the computer is on.

I do not see any possibility of doing this on P6TD Deluxe. There is no such button to push on turned on PC to reset the BIOS.

Let's get them both replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

I live in Russia. Is it still that easy just to return RAM here? My experience tells me that I will be able to return it only bypassing the reseller who will never accept back a non-defective product (my RAM can pass tests). I think my RAM is OK... Something wrong is with settings, maybe compatibility issue, maybe something else, I DO NOT KNOW. All I can see is that everything works fine until cold boot or after turning off/on after cold boot...

Yes, but not when the PC is turned on! Only if it is turned off.

Dude....What do you mean you can't? Plug the power on your board do a jumper clear CMOS on your board take out the CMOS battery then turn it on. Even without the memory you can see your board will boot e.g. CPU FAN will spin.

If your using Asus P6T Series, I suggest you read this article.

http://i4memory.com/f54/asus-x58-6-12gb-memory-overclocking-detecting-less-memory-than-installed-19200/

Goodluck.

backroger,

sorry, you advise me to clear CMOS when the PC is turned on? Or turned off? You say "plug the power on..." and clear CMOS. ASUS manual says CMOS jumper clearing can be done only if the PC is turned off and power cable unplugged. Yes, I can turn PC on without RAM installed, but to clear CMOS on the PC which is switched on...

• 2 months later...

Archived