Corsair Community

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R & Corsair Force 3 60 Gig

Mythril

Hi,

I've updated my original Corsair SSD to a Corsair Force 3 60 gig today as my old Corsair never gave me any problems. Now my motherboard is a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Revision 2 and it's never given me any issues over the time I've had it. The problem I have now is that I can't run the new Force 3 SSD on the SATA 3 ports. It works perfectly fine on the SATA 2 ports, installs Windows ok and runs without a hickup. The moment I put it on the SATA 3 Windows refuses to boot.

Now I noticed a problem when I first put the SSD into the computer and tried to install Windows. The SSD would be located fine but would hang once clicked on for where Windows would be installed to. Only way around that was to put it on one of the SATA 2 ports. I've changed the leads around and it's not them, my BIOS is the lastest and I'm running Firmware 1.3 on the SSD. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be ? It's a great drive but would be perfect if I could get it on the SATA 3 port and get full speed out of it :)

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

*Edit: I forgot to say that other SSD's and normal SATA HDD's run fine on the SATA 3 ports.

Some boards using the Marvell 91** series controllers have shown this issue. It is a bug in the controller. I am not aware of a fix for this but you may want to try the most recent Marvell driver during the install. You could also try the install and let the MS-AHCI driver install and see if it works that way, if you have not already tried this.

Quick update.

I've managed to get it to work on the SATA3 port.

Go into the BIOS and where it says: "SATA3 Firmware Selection" set it to: "Onchip" not Force or Auto.

The system now boots Windows fine and I've just ran ATTO benchmark and I'm getting about 412mb a second. Still not full speed but it's about right for this board. Hope this helps some people out :)

Regards...

Archived