Corsair Community

K95 rgb cue 1.156 removed memory

Lowlif3

Unless I just can't find it anymore the latest version of cue removed saving profiles and settings to memory it seems that it can't be saved as hardware mode in on-board memory so you can't do macros before windows loads like putting in password for windows anymore.

The feature was disabled intentionally until they fix all issues with it in CUE 1.2.x. A Corsair employee (BillRathbone) said they are targeting the end of October for this new version.

Anyway, even once they re-enable saving profiles to memory the macros are not saved to it regardless. Only static lighting is saved in the onboard memory, no lighting effects either.

I just got the K95 RGB. Are you saying that this does NOT have on-board memory for macros and G keys? That it requires Windows background service to run? I thought the K95 have on-board storage (enable hardware playback) for macros?

What kind of gamer/user prioritizes portable color lighting more than macros?

I just got the K95 RGB. Are you saying that this does NOT have on-board memory for macros and G keys? That it requires Windows background service to run? I thought the K95 have on-board storage (enable hardware playback) for macros?

What kind of gamer/user prioritizes portable color lighting more than macros?

Macros are a precise set of instructions that the keyboard cannot send, the keyboard simply sends the key pressed and the software translates that key into the macro running.

You can write tons of different types of macros and with different settings as well, there is simply no way a keyboard can do that without any software help. I don't think any keyboard does it, if you know of any that indeed does I'll be glad to acknowledge I'm wrong :)

Macros are a precise set of instructions that the keyboard cannot send, the keyboard simply sends the key pressed and the software translates that key into the macro running.

You can write tons of different types of macros and with different settings as well, there is simply no way a keyboard can do that without any software help. I don't think any keyboard does it, if you know of any that indeed does I'll be glad to acknowledge I'm wrong :)

All my keyboards and mice do it (Corsair M95, Roccat Ryos MK Pro, Logitech G700/s...). They work outside Windows. When I transfer computers, the macro works even in the lock screen. I never buy hardware that doesn't have this feature (like most of Razer and Mad Catz). . Macros in this case, in its simplest form, are sets of key-presses.

I bought this keyboard thinking it does the same. I almost certain that the original K95 has that feature.

• Corsair Employee

Static, there are multiple ways to do macros and the Vengeance series of the K95 and M65/M95 could do it (in limited ways) due to saving the profile to the hardware. We didn't include it with the RGB series because hardware profile saving has some limitations as to the type of macro being used in comparison to how we use it now with virtual USB implementation through CUE.

Terabyte is correct in that depending on the macro you want to do, which often are simultaneous key presses in addition to normal key presses, you typically accomplish this through a virtual keyboard (which the UI acts as). Without the virtual device in the background, hardware playback can only accept certain types of macro and not game friendly.

Static, there are multiple ways to do macros and the Vengeance series of the K95 and M65/M95 could do it (in limited ways) due to saving the profile to the hardware. We didn't include it with the RGB series because hardware profile saving has some limitations as to the type of macro being used in comparison to how we use it now with virtual USB implementation through CUE.

Are you saying that the K95 RGB is inferior to the original K95? I do not see the need to remove it from the RGB. It is an important feature. I never use program-dependent macros. I cannot stress this enough. I noticed a bad lag while using this keyboard (not even running any program), and I IMMEDIATELY KNOW that the profile was not saved in the keyboard. This is when I started looking for how to save it to the keyboard. I could not find it in the software and ended up here. This lag happens a lot in windows background dependent profiles.

Is this not gonna be supported in the future? I need to know what to do with this keyboard.

• Corsair Employee

It is not inferior to the Vengeance K95. It is actually superior because a virtual USB allows for much more powerful macro sequences to be programmed. This is another reason why you can now include mouse clicks and mouse movement in the software vs. the Vengeance's gaming software. As I explained earlier, hardware profile saving has its own drawbacks that didn't allow many gamers to use the macros they wanted to.

I don't understand the lag you're referring to so we would need a bit more information regarding it. Is it input lag, animation lag, system lag, etc? What ports of USB are you using? What are your system specs? All of this information would be relevant to properly diagnose your issue.

It is not inferior to the Vengeance K95. It is actually superior because a virtual USB allows for much more powerful macro sequences to be programmed. This is another reason why you can now include mouse clicks and mouse movement in the software vs. the Vengeance's gaming software. As I explained earlier, hardware profile saving has its own drawbacks that didn't allow many gamers to use the macros they wanted to.

I don't understand the lag you're referring to so we would need a bit more information regarding it. Is it input lag, animation lag, system lag, etc? What ports of USB are you using? What are your system specs? All of this information would be relevant to properly diagnose your issue.

My system specs is irrelevant to this issue. This happens in multiple PC's. The lag is casued by Windows. The service (or software) that is running in the background is running under Windows. When Windows get's a hiccup, the service is affected. This creates a lag, or a "delay".

Without onboard execution:

KeyPress → Windows driver → Windows Service → Output

With onboard execution, it becomes:

KeyPress → Windows driver → Output

Bottom line: Any software can fail.

- - -

This is important also in portability. And I change computers a LOT. Not for gaming. For example, this morning, I brought my Roccat keyboard to work. I plugged it in, and booted Windows, In the log-in screen, it asked for a password, which I have saved to my keyboard. I pressed the macro key and it worked. It worked without even running Windows, not to mention without even installing a dedicated driver. Windows sees is as a normal keyboard, senses multiple key-presses, and it works. Same thing with my Logitech mouse. I remove my mouse from my computer, go to an office-mate's computer, plug it in, presses a button, and macro works. This is especially important when the users do not have privilege to install software.

The K95 RGB becomes a weak, ordinary keyboard whenever you lock the screen. G keys don't work and the LED lighting returns to default color (White and Red).

Bottom line: Keyboard is useless when software is not running.

- - -

If I am incorrect, please say so. I need to know if this will be an issue for me.

so.... can anyone tell me if this feature will be supported?

'already boxed and ready to send it back, but i am still hoping someone would tell me i am wrong, or that it will be supported. can't justify a keyboard at this price point which can't even execute on-board macro. i really wanted to love this keyboard, but the engineer in me says "no".

• Corsair Employee
so.... can anyone tell me if this feature will be supported?

'already boxed and ready to send it back, but i am still hoping someone would tell me i am wrong, or that it will be supported. can't justify a keyboard at this price point which can't even execute on-board macro. i really wanted to love this keyboard, but the engineer in me says "no".

Unfortuantely StaticVoidMain, the K95 RGB does not support macros saved to a hardware profile. It requires CUE to be active in order to support the action assignments and foreground lighting.

• 1 year later...
the K95 RGB does not support macros saved to a hardware profile

I know this forum is old sorry. I recently purchased a K95 RGB specifically because the information page says "Onboard memory to take performance and lighting settings with you Do you take your gaming to go? Built-in storage lets you set it up once, and take it anywhere." http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-gaming-k95-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-brown

If this doesn't apply to macros...what does it mean? I'm ok with it applying only to DPI and lighting effects, but the keyboard doesn't seem to allow that in internal storage either. Is this just false advertising?

• 5 months later...

Archived