Corsair Community

MSI NEO4-F, 2*512 VS512MB400 and Winchester 3000+; memory or psu problem?

-pierre-

My configuration:

Winchester 3000+

2*512 MB VS512MB400 not a dualkit.

MSI Neo4-F

7800GT

2 maxtor HDD:s

PSU: 3.3v=28A, 5v=30A and 12V=17A

Well to the problem.

I had to install Windows XP with just one memory stick because I was not able to do that with the Corsair dual configuration.

Only Got it to post with memorys in dimm 3 and 4, but it was not able to start properly. A bluescreen appeared after the half boot process with some bios settings or it just restarted.

Then I tried to combine the Corsair memories with an old T-xxx memory PC3200 and it worked and still works flawless.

I had the T-xxx memory in dimm 1 and the Corsair memory in dimm 3, that is the current configuration. Of natural reasons i could not use dual ddr, but it at least works.

My theorys.

Is the powersupply to weak? But I don't think so because I disconnected one of the harddrives and tried an old pci graphic card (an old sis grapcic card that probably just using 1-5 A of current) and still got the same problems. What do you think?

I have tried both Corsair memories one by one in dimm 3 (the only working dimm slot with Corsair memories) with no problems at all so Im a bit confused.

Or isnt it possible to make the above configuration to work with the Corsair memories i bought?

Thanks in advance!

/Pierre - my worst christmas present ever

Edit: Im sorry that I wrote a competing companys brandname, but I have changed it now.

• Corsair Employee
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Well. I have tried your settings, but I have decided to get a new pair of memorys instead. As I wrote above the modules are not a dual kit.

Do you guys have any dual kit to recommend? I have thought about the following:

Corsair 2GB DDR Value Select PC3200 CAS3.0 Kit (2x1GB) (VS2GBKIT400C3) (MY-080-CS)

Are that kit compatible?

I have also changed my graphic card to a 6600GT, to lower the power consumption.

Archived