Corsair Community

Two X128's with different firmware

dbrozi

I just bought two X128's with a view to RAID them and I noticed that one has firmware 1.0 and the other has version 2.0 firmware.

I'd like to upgrade my SSD to 2.0 but I can't find the "SSD Download Archive on the Corsair forum" as mentioned in Bluebeard's sticky

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81189

Can someone please give me a link to it?

Thanks

Well I'm at least happy to know there really is a updated firmware for the X-Series, i never thought there was, now i understand that the tool required to flash it is not ready.

Wow have i been skeptical...

(Uhm..) Moving along, from what iv'e read on these forums over the weeks/months/month?, people who ask around normally getting answers like "the tool is not ready and may brick your drive", or "we have no safe way to flash the drive", sooo for the meanwhile, i think i would rather wait for a safe tool, than to push for a unstable one, but can you raid the two with the differed firmware?

• Corsair Employee

I do not see any reason why not, where did you get the drives from?

Also please tell me the lot code for each drive and what Firmware version?

They should both be Firmware 1.0 and can you run Crystal Disk Info on both drives to see that firmware is listed there?

I believe the distributor that they came from is Altech, although I bought them about a week apart.

I have them in RAID-0 at the moment so I think I'll need to reset them back to non-raid for CrystalDiskInfo. The BIOS shows the drives as 1.0 and 2.0 but I'll take some screenshots from Crystal soon.

Here's the RAID benchmark if anyone is interested from CrystalDiskMark

Seq: Read 291.6, Write 219.3

512k: Read 247.4, Write 215.0

4k: Read 19.00, Write 28.72

Here's the benchmark for the FW1.0 drive

Seq: Read 253.6, Write 155.4

512k: Read 179.3, Write 172.0

4k: Read 25.7, Write 19.1

Interesting to see that the 4k random read has dropped but everything else is better.

• 1 year later...

Archived