Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 2000 not the same sound as 1500?

TheCerealguy

I recently got the Corsair Vengeance 2000 as an upgrade for an RMA'd 1500. I appreciate the upgrade and believe that Corsair customer service is one of the best.

Anyways I thought the 1500 and 2000 were the same headset only that the 2000 is wireless. But they are very different in terms of sound. I have found that the surround sound is rather poor on the 2000 compared to the 1500. The bass on the 2000 is much better though. Also Windows recognizes these headsets as 2.1? The 1500 was recognized as 7.1 and bass boost was available . You could also tweak the position of virtual speakers! Is there anyway of using 1500 drivers for the 2000? Or can Corsair release a 1500-esque driver for the 2000? I tried installing 1500 drivers but it wouldn't work. This is rather disappointing as I thought they would be the same as the 1500.

I think the sound on the vengeance 2000 is better, although the sound on the vengeance 1500 is still better than any other gaming headsets I have used. The 3d sound was really good for movies on the 1500, not so much on the 2000 but i mainly use the 2000 for battlefield 3 so i don't use the 3d. The sound quality i get on bf3 with the vengeance 1500 or 2000 is awesome. There is one thing that would be good for the 2000, a docking station.

I agree that the sound is better but the virtual 7.1 is horrid. It sounds like I am in a bathroom with that obnoxious echo. I've read some reviews about this and it seems others think the same. I believe if there was Dolby on this headset instead of Xear this would be THE perfect headset in this price range.

• Corsair Employee
I think the sound on the vengeance 2000 is better, although the sound on the vengeance 1500 is still better than any other gaming headsets I have used. The 3d sound was really good for movies on the 1500, not so much on the 2000 but i mainly use the 2000 for battlefield 3 so i don't use the 3d. The sound quality i get on bf3 with the vengeance 1500 or 2000 is awesome. There is one thing that would be good for the 2000, a docking station.

I wouldn't mind having just a stand too.

Archived