Corsair Community

Vengeance RGB Pro sometimes shows up on iCue, sometimes not

rene mauricio

2 weeks ago I purchased a kit of 16GB 3600MHz Vengeance RGB Pro RAM for use on my Ryzen system (ASRock B350 itx). Previously I had some Vengeance RGB non-pro sticks in that I was able to control the lights of within iCue just fine.

When I got the pro I noticed something strange. At first I was able to control the lights just fine but then, without making any changes, they would disappear from iCue. To further my confusion, CPUZ would fail to display anything on the SPD tab. Thinking that the sticks arrived faulty, I requested an RMA from Newegg and reinstalled the two non-pro sticks. Once again iCue was able to see them just fine as did CPUZ. Not convinced I installed the pro sticks again only this time one stick was stuck on rainbow wave and the other had one single LED on and stuck in the blue color.

I removed them and installed the non-pro. Once again iCue displayed no problems and even allowed me to change colors.

Today I received my replacement kit from Newegg. I installed them and was happy to see that they both light up. CPUZ displays the SPD information correctly. iCue, however, sometimes shows I have to sticks installed, sometimes only one and sometimes it does not show any. Whatever it displays, however, I can not change the lights from the out-of-box rainbow wave.

Oh and, while I am aware that 3600 is unsupported, I do have them running at the stock 1066MHz settings. I even updated the BIOS that was released today with no avail. What am I doing wrong?

• Corsair Employee
2 weeks ago I purchased a kit of 16GB 3600MHz Vengeance RGB Pro RAM for use on my Ryzen system (ASRock B350 itx). Previously I had some Vengeance RGB non-pro sticks in that I was able to control the lights of within iCue just fine.

When I got the pro I noticed something strange. At first I was able to control the lights just fine but then, without making any changes, they would disappear from iCue. To further my confusion, CPUZ would fail to display anything on the SPD tab. Thinking that the sticks arrived faulty, I requested an RMA from Newegg and reinstalled the two non-pro sticks. Once again iCue was able to see them just fine as did CPUZ. Not convinced I installed the pro sticks again only this time one stick was stuck on rainbow wave and the other had one single LED on and stuck in the blue color.

I removed them and installed the non-pro. Once again iCue displayed no problems and even allowed me to change colors.

Today I received my replacement kit from Newegg. I installed them and was happy to see that they both light up. CPUZ displays the SPD information correctly. iCue, however, sometimes shows I have to sticks installed, sometimes only one and sometimes it does not show any. Whatever it displays, however, I can not change the lights from the out-of-box rainbow wave.

Oh and, while I am aware that 3600 is unsupported, I do have them running at the stock 1066MHz settings. I even updated the BIOS that was released today with no avail. What am I doing wrong?

Start by uninstalling all software that monitors/changes RGB/LED settings besides iCUE; if issues are still present please submit a ticket.

I reinstalled with the PRO sticks in place. Before that I made sure they were set back to the default JEDEC spec. Since then I have tried to enable XMP and restarted services and sometimes one stick shows up, sometimes none. When the one stick does show up I can't really change it's color.

What it looks like it is doing is trying to display my selected color, but quickly strobes between it and the rainbow wave. If I select black as the "instant lighting" then it goes back to a solid rainbow wave.

What's odd is that I could have sworn it was working when I got my first pair of PRO sticks. I *think* it stopped once I updated to the latest iCue but I could very much be wrong on that one.

Archived