Corsair Community

Corsair Void Wireless - Charging to 94% only

vexed

Hello all,

After purchasing my corsair void in july of last year i've started to notice that the battery doesnt fully charge to 100% in the software(v2.23.40) but to only 94%. I've only just noticed this after installing the latest corsair utility engine version so it maybe a software bug in the current version.

Is anyone else having this problem or is the battery pack inside my void slowly going the way of the Dodo :laughing: I've had no issues prior to this with the headset after coming from the Vengence 2000 product issues (cracked ear cups) its been a refreshing change to say the least.

I'll revert to a previous version to see if this is solved and do a fresh install of the current one if not just in case something has gone abit screwy

Oh and the dongle is using the latest version also according to the utility engine software v39.02

- Vex

Just an update on the situation -

I have installed both current and previous versions of the Cue on my main machine and my laptop and the issue reporting that the battery is at 94% when fully charged still persists and also removed any folders left behind from previous installs incase that was causing the issue.

I have left the headset charging for the last 2 hours and still reports at 94% and goes down to 93% when powered on but no audio output playing within the software.

I already have the most current drivers and all the standard updates installed for other hardware on both desktop and laptop.

Im guessing the battery is either not fully charging or it is just reporting incorrectly in the cue software?

Something i also have noticed is that the voice prompts intermittently work since the current version was released whereas the previous version they were fine

- Vex

Furthering my observations on this issue it would seem that this is more software related than the headset itself. Since i have used the headset for the last 6 hours with music playing and so far the headset has only dropped down to 84% from 94% in that time.

- Vex

The battery indicator isn't completely accurate because there are a few reasons why:

1.) It doesn't have a true battery gauge like you find on a phone because such a component is actually really expensive (and usually reserved for cell phones). As a result, our LED indicator is very generous in how it displays color. Even though you see amber, its still going to last up to the hours we promised. The headset may never actually report 100% to become solid green but anything between 90-ish% means its near full. You can test this yourself by using the headset and timing how long it lasts (with the knowledge that no RGB lighting = more battery life).

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=939503&postcount=13

Thanks Toasted but this further points towards this been software related than the headset itself. If its fully charged i would expect it to say 100% in the software not 90% since most users would assume there is a problem with the battery when actually there isn't. It's just something i noticed that had changed out the blue and like i said brought back the dread of potentially having to go through the RMA process like i had to do with the V2000 3 times over a 14 month period.

- Vex

• 2 weeks later...

Archived