Corsair Community

Windows Button locked as default.

JokitaS

Assign the "disabled" state to the left and right windows buttons in your default profile, and assign an action to pressing WinLock to move to a second profile which would have these keys enabled and in that profile, define winlock to switch to the first profile.

This also allows you to define special lighting for these states; I color the Windows keys red when they are disabled.

WinLockDisabled.cueprofile

Hey, so i wanted to ask if we gonna get the option to enable Windows Key Locked as default so i dont have to turn it on everytime i turn on my computer.

indeed.. when Corsair hire developer who actually know what he is doing? from 1st release of CUE 2 passed lots of time already and you still didnt fixed that simple option..

Yeah, i hope they add it soon.

CUE 2 already supports this; just disable the Windows keys in your default profile, and define the WinLock button to switch to a profile in which these Windows keys are enabled. That way, by default, you already have the full effect of the WinLock. (This generalizes to any other keys in the performance tab that you may be expecting WinLock to affect.) I even gave a sample profile: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=27943&d=1488092932

How does windows lock button works on Keyboard.

I don't see any effect? On or off

Some one cares to explain?

The Performance tab of CUE 2 allows you to define what happens when you press the Windows Lock button; by default, it disables the Windows keys (aka LGui and RGui) located at the bottom row of the keyboard away from the space bar and adjacent to the left and right keys labelled "Alt".

attachment.php?attachmentid=27970&stc=1&d=1488175766

Disable.thumb.png.b1b485051e82785269fd1dfb0f78a3b8.png

@Comet

The Performance tab of CUE 2 allows you to define what happens when you press the Windows Lock button; by default, it disables the Windows keys (aka LGui and RGui) located at the bottom row of the keyboard away from the space bar and adjacent to the left and right keys labelled "Alt".

I need to go and play around with my Strafe RGB Keyboard. Too see if i get it working.

Do I have to use "Actions" to make it work on Strafe RGB keyboard? OK i see "Disable" and Disable right Windows key and o Disable key. Have look later and report back.

"Enable Winlock" is top right key?

I made some changes to your Pic to get a better understanding of the different actions you are describing.

Disable.thumb.png.50f42e3bec9ffd14859d6ec43cab1dea.png

attachment.php?attachmentid=27971&d=1488184094

The WinLock key has been given label "(A)" and is bound to the direct profile action (e.g. "Enable Winlock")

The keys you've labelled "(L)" and "®" are bound to the "Disable Key" action shown at the bottom of the picture, and if you make this the default (leftmost) profile in CUE 2, then these keys will be disabled by default, exactly as if the WinLock key were pressed.

The Performance tab is shown in the following image. Note that color of the WinLock indicator is controlled here, and is specific to the profile. So in the profile where you want the (L) and ® keys disabled, you can just set the WinLock colors to show that WinLock is on. I color it red. In the profile where (L) and ® keys are not disabled, I color the WinLock indicator green. At the same time, for visual clarity, I also use lighting effects to make the (L) and ® keys themselves be red when disabled and green when enabled.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27995&stc=1&d=1488234400

Performance.thumb.png.09b5f73396db15c31eecd58a626a00c0.png

@Comet

I uploaded two pic's.

See if you can make out what I'm asking.

How to set color when Lock button is pressed for any button? :D:

This is what i figured out, two ways to control.

1) Ok how I see it. It can be controlled as per attached pic's.

Or

2)Your way as you suggested "Actions" tab. This i need to investigate to night. Think this need to be used."Disable key if Lock button is used".

1645071650_Disable(1).thumb.png.bcf9683f6b5acf8a593121705389d25c.png

Performance.thumb.png.641d0fa920475a3ac404e943fb8c5bd0.png

@Comet

Ok see attached pictures.

I have it working so far but colours, don't know how to apply.

I want to change colours when Lock button is enabled on 3 different key's.

1) Win key.

2) Apros... key.

3) Caps lock.

The lock function on those keys work. But need colour changes when lock button is On and when Lock button is Off.

How to create two tone buttons?

Suggestion pls :D:

1443738960_StrafeRGB1.thumb.jpg.d551a79002b0ebb818d8475af6527c75.jpg

1993552423_StrafeRGB2.thumb.jpg.d6854b95cc4ba70fe98c1cba94772bb6.jpg

I am glad that you got the lock function to work, by defining the WinLock button to switch between two profiles, where in your key-lock profile you assigned actions to disabled your desired keys.

The method to toggle color changes to make your keys themselves indicate their lock/unlock state is to set the colors differently between the two profiles, using lighting effects.

The picture below shows how in my "Winlock Disabled" profile, I have made sure that the first lighting effect (you can reorder effects by holding down your primary mouse button and dragging) is enabled; it colors both my Win keys red.

In my profile where the Win keys are enabled, I do not have the "WinLock Disabled" static lighting effect defined, so my static color remains purple with rainbow ripple key lighting overlaying it. You can use this technique in your own profile so that 1) Win keys, "Apros... key", and Caps lock are all colored per the profile which disables (or not) the keys.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28016&stc=1&d=1488319277

Lighting.thumb.png.546361d0e0cb5a24f12035af0d48a468.png

@Comet

Ok got it sorted. I attached two profiles. I switch between the two profiles.

1) Standard Default profile switches with num-pad "Enter key" to WinLockDisabled profile.

2) Your WinlockDisabled profile switches to Standard Default with KeyLock switch.

Very strange your profile I imported and made some small changes. Not having G-Keys.

I think your setup switches between Chaos versus <-----> WinLockDisable.

Can I have a lock at your Chaos profile if you don't mind.:bigeyes: Think you switch between those two profiles, I mentioned.

Your profile works on my keyboard. WinLockDisabled.

Standard Default.cueprofile

WinLockDisabled.cueprofile

question is not if CUE support this or not.. i know i can make a new profile blablabla and make it work with this workaround you posted here... but why should i? its a simple function in software.. that broken for more than half year..

question is not if CUE support this or not.. i know i can make a new profile blablabla and make it work with this workaround you posted here... but why should i? its a simple function in software.. that broken for more than half year..

It works for me I can toggle between two profiles. I think @Comet has it also working. I use a Strafe RGB keyboard while @comet is using a K95 RGB.

I had to modify her profile because I don't have any G keys. Hope this a answers your question.

that broken for more than half year

Don't know about this?

oh boy... im talking about default profile.. im using only default profile with static light saved.. if you turn on Disable WinKey in default profile and apply all settings.. everytime PC start up you will have all your settings that you saved (lights etc) loaded and working fine except "Disable Winkey", you will have to Disable it every time PC starts.

oh boy... im talking about default profile.. im using only default profile with static light saved.. if you turn on Disable WinKey in default profile and apply all settings.. everytime PC start up you will have all your settings that you saved (lights etc) loaded and working fine except "Disable Winkey", you will have to Disable it every time PC starts.

Show what you are trying to do. Give a screen shot pic.

Show what you are trying to do. Give a screen shot pic.

nothing. im doing nothing. "Disable Windows Key" state wont save in CUE Profiles = thats it. for more than a half year this function not working.

thats all im saying. that Corsair dont have a normal dev team to work on CUE (and on Link) software. both programs got simple bugs that no one fixing for 6+ months

It is true that if you press the "disable WinLock" button, that this state is not going to be saved for when your PC starts. This forum thread shows how to make the Windows keys disabled by default, as well as how to toggle the state using your "disable WinLock" button.

In your default profile, did you create the actions to disable your Windows keys, and assign this to your windows keys? If so, then when your PC restarts, yhou should find that the Windows keys are disabled. This is done without the "disable WinLock" button definitions--the keys are explicitly turned off in the default profile.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27971&d=1488184094

Archived