Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance LED - Dead Sticks

babovand

Hi!

I recently bought a new system with Intel i7 6850k, And Asus X99 Deluxe II Motherboard.

When I first booted the system all four sticks of ram (8GB each 32GB in total) was visible and working ran a stability test and Unreal Valley, All OK.

After I enabled X.M.P one stick died. The other one shortly after one stability test and a reboot. I've since then disabled X.M.P and reverted BIOS back to original settings, Only 16 GB of 32 GB available.

should I also RMA the Motherboard? Could it be killing my stick?

The part is not available for selection in the RMA " Select Part Number " menu.

This is my kit.

CMU32GX4M4C3400C16

http://www.corsair.com/en/vengeance-led-32gb-4-x-8gb-ddr4-dram-3400mhz-c16-memory-kit-white-led-cmu32gx4m4c3400c16

EDIT:

I've now tested each stick individually in the D1 slot, which is the default place for one stick on this motherboard. Two sticks are dead with Q-code 53 "Memory initialization error"

Hi!

I recently bought a new system with Intel i7 6850k, And Asus X99 Deluxe II Motherboard.

When I first booted the system all four sticks of ram (8GB each 32GB in total) was visible and working ran a stability test and Unreal Valley, All OK.

After I enabled X.M.P one stick died. The other one shortly after one stability test and a reboot. I've since then disabled X.M.P and reverted BIOS back to original settings, Only 16 GB of 32 GB available.

This is my kit.

CMU32GX4M4C3400C16

http://www.corsair.com/en/vengeance-led-32gb-4-x-8gb-ddr4-dram-3400mhz-c16-memory-kit-white-led-cmu32gx4m4c3400c16

I have an Asus Rampage Edition 10 and one of my ram sticks just died today and on another stick, the LED controller is failing, the light is very slow to cycle compared to the other ones. My first board was an eVGA x99 FTW K but for some reason, it had an issue with my monitor and HDMI input. Went through 2 eVGA boards before I decided to give Asus another try after 10 years. Got the board yesterday and let memtest run all night with no issues then suddenly I noticed a stick was not working.... My go to brands are failing me... :mad:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi!

This is my kit.

CMU32GX4M4C3400C16

EDIT:

I've now tested each stick individually in the D1 slot, which is the default place for one stick on this motherboard. Two sticks are dead with Q-code 53 "Memory initialization error"

I noticed that on my Rampage, enabling XMP set the voltage to 1.5v. I manually set everything and those "dead" sticks work perfectly now. Maybe check that.

Archived