Corsair Community

Problem with 1.11.85 update..

yuppicide

I am posting this here in case it helps someone.

The new CUE came out yesterday I guess, but I waited until I got home from work today to install. Yesterday my system was working fine. Install the drivers and have no sound! I am on Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit.

In Windows Mixer it had an X and no Corsair Void listed under Playback or Recording.

I looked in the Device Manager and there was a yellow ! next to Corsair Void and AMD High Definition Audio Device.

Contacted Corsair Tech support by phone. He had me uninstall my CUE, run software like CC Cleaner, and reboot. Reinstall CUE. No luck.

He took note of my problem and will contact me tomorrow.. as I had contacted them towards the end of the day.

But I told him on my end I would try a few things such as re-get AMD drivers, or roll back to an older CUE version, etc.

I'm happy to report I figured out how to fix it myself. Maybe this will help someone else:

Go into Device Manager and find the items with the ! next to them. Right click, go to Properties, click Driver, and Uninstall. Then right click and Scan for Hardware Changes. I did the AMD one first.. then I did the voice in the same manner.

Instantly fixed my problem.

• 1 month later...
Yes. I've been doing this awhile now. With firmware updates/CUE software updates this is how I fix myself. Only the Void one shows up as ! yellow now. But I believe it does it every time there is an update. I just updated now to new firmware and CUE and it's asking me to reboot. Let's see if this time things go smoothly and without me having to do anything.

Okay, rebooted and the ! yellow is there. I uninstall the driver and say delete files, then right click device manager and scan for changes. Works fine now.

At first when this happened I used to call tech support, but now I feel better that I don't have to call them anymore.

You said the word "works".. that's a subjective term. The headset works, the mic works, I suppose it's 7.1 because I can hear where someone is while playing Counter Strike, but at the time time sound settings do not work, sidetone doesn't work, etc.

Hi,

Well I consider the device work when It's fully working.

The 7.1 feature is the one that made me spent more money to buy this. I could get a good 2.0 headset with half the price, y'know. So of course I want it fully working.

And apparently It wasn't fully working in my Windows 7 (x64) at least.

To compare, in Win 10, the surround function does work.

Check the thread link I post you before, to see how to test the 7.1 function in windows.

Before, in windows 7, I can only hear 2 source sounds in the test.

So if you still having only 2 source (2.0 channel) with supposedly 7.1 channel headset (7+1 sources). I say it's not really working, you still need to find the solution.

And, no, when it's 7.1 is activated, you're not only "can hear where someone is" but you can locate the source "around" you more accurately. So it is quite (since, this is a simulated surround, not real surround with 8 speakers) different from stereo. But the thing is, you can hear the difference significantly.

Cheers.

I get you.. you are definitely right. It shows up as Stereo. But I have a question.. how come when I go into Counter Strike Global Offensive (which has an option to set 5.1) I can hear which direction people come from?

But you are right.. Windows 7 only shows 2 channel for me.

Archived