Corsair Community

New M65 RGB: Poor experience with 1.8.122

ryun

TL;DR - 1.8.122 driver messed up my default profile. I would like to start from fresh. Anyway from the CUE reset to factory defaults? Anyone else have similar issues? Should I make a ticket to let corsair know or do they read this forum?

-----------------------------

Bought myself a M65 RGB (with the "sails" logo, no less, so the one technically name "Vengeance M65 RGB") and wanted to change some settings. I went straight to corsair.com's downloads section, chose the "Gaming Mice" category and looked for my driver. I didn't see anything labeled "Vengeance M65 RGB" so I figured the most applicable driver was the one listed for the "Corsair Gaming M65 RGB"; driver 1.8.122.

The CUE software had me download a firmware update (I want to say mine was version 1.12, but I can't recall exactly), which upgraded me to 1.19. Firmware upgrade went smoothly but I kept having weird issues when trying to mess with the lighting and closing the CUE software (after saving my profile to memory, of course). Figured I just needed to reboot. After I did so, no lights, and no DPI switching. I thought that was odd, so I loaded up the CUE again and tried doing some more fiddling. Nothing changed. Figured I'd restart again. When I did so, the mouse defaulted back to the out of the box colors and settings. Tried a few more things in the software, like creating a new profile (with no change) and then eventually came across zheren159 wonderful thread here: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138472

I uninstalled my 1.8.122 CUE software and installed 1.3.91, and the mouse's lightning and settings still wouldn't stay put after a reboot. Finally, I created a totally new profile, saved to it to the mouse and finally the mouse lightning, DPI, and DPI buttons are acting as they should. So if anyone is having issues like me, you can try to download the 1.3.91 drivers from zheren159's thread here: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138472

Lastly, is there anyway I can reset the mouse back to default settings? I'm worried that there still might be some leftover junk from the 1.8.122 version that will rear it's ugly head. I just don't know how to revert back to factory default. Anyone else have similar issues? Should I make a ticket to let corsair know or do they read this forum?

Create a new profile for the mouse and set it as default one, then delete the old default one. That will reset it.

That said, in case anyone has also a RGB keyboard the minimum version required for it to work is CUE 1.5.x. Since that version the USB protocol changed so using anything lower than it (like v1.3.91) won't recognize the keyboard properly.

Archived