Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 First use: Amber and blue light always on.

Original Daniel

Hello, so just got my vengeance 2000 this morning

and i have the solid blue and amber light issues that i see others have here.

Here's how i think i managed to cause it:

plugged the charging cable and the dongle directly into USB 2.0 ports, windows detected and installed drivers,

then i restarted and turned the headset on then read the part about "headset must be fully charged before it's first use" on the next page of the quick start guide... lol

So yeah i believe that's what has caused it i feel quite dumb about it too.

at least I'm not the only one with the problem.

My pc specs list:

Mobo: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1600MHz (9-9-9-28)

GPU: MSI Radeon HD7950 3GB Twin Frozr III Boost Edition

HDD: WD 1TB Black, WD 500GB Blue, WD 1.5TB Green

Case: Corsair 500R

PSU: Corsair HX-750 V2

Display: Acer G245H (1920x1080@60Hz)

At the time of installing drivers and all that i only had Avast, Razer Deathadder driver and CCC running in the background.

After googling and finding out this is a problem i tried a few things:

- Used the docking station thingo for the dongle instead of having it directly plugged in, still the same.

- Tried USB 3.0 for the charging cable still same, for the dongle in USB 3.0 it got windows to re-install 3 drivers:

"USB Composite Device"

"Corsair Vengeance 2000 headset"

"USB Input device"

- I rebooted and again still the same.

- The 4th last and last post in this thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=107476&page=6

said you can cause it to short out via plugging and unplugging it very quickly or wiggling the power cable

i tried that for a few seconds but i couldn't get it to short out anyway.

So finally i have the dongle plugged directly back into a USB 2.0 port with the charger cable unplugged letting it discharge,

which is extremely disappointing as i was hoping to use them tonight before a full day of Tafe tomorrow :(

Before someone tells me to RMA it well i live in Australia and i don't have any spare funds to pay for postage at the moment,

so once it's discharged and recharged and still doesn't work I'll take it back to the store i got it from (PC Case Gear) and hopefully see if they will let me replace it for another one.

[4/09/13 9:40pm] - UPDATE: It's discharged and i hooked up the charging cable but the Amber light is flashing on and off every few seconds but in the quick start guide it said the amber light is suppose to slow pulse? I'll let it go to see if it actually charges.

[5/09/13 2:51am] - UPDATE 2: Huzzah it charged and it's working although i have the static sound problem a lot of others also have :(

obviously whilst playing games and movies it's not noticeable because the audio is louder than the static, But in movies for example i can clearly hear the static at any quiet point of the film.

I have noticed in general the audio does seem waaaay louder than my previous headphones i just can't find any audio setting that i may have boosted to cause this, Simply turning the overall volume down only Sometimes makes the static quieter but most of the time the static stays the same volume which is weird.

Uninstalled the Corsair drivers and still the same.

Reinstalled and rebooted and again the same.

Stuck at this point... ideas?

[same date as last 3:47am] - UPDATE 3: Okay so i plugged the dongle into a USB 3.0 port it installed some drivers again so i restarted and was met with a BSOD about a minute after I'm at the desktop, happened again on reboot until i plugged it back into the USB 2.0 port.

BSOD info:

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:	BlueScreen
 OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
 Locale ID:	3081

Additional information about the problem:
 BCCode:	d1
 BCP1:	FFFFFA8C06D69080
 BCP2:	0000000000000002
 BCP3:	0000000000000000
 BCP4:	FFFFF880100BD51E
 OS Version:	6_1_7601
 Service Pack:	1_0
 Product:	256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
 C:\Windows\Minidump\090513-30810-01.dmp
 C:\Users\Original_Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-48641-0.sysdata.xml

And this is pretty much where i draw the line, I'll just be switching back to my old headphones unless someone can recommend trying something i haven't already otherwise later this week I'll be returning these either for a refund or to trade for another brand.

Minor Update: few minutes after this noticed i now have both the crackling and static problem since the blue screen :|

(Time stamps in AEST UTC/GMT +10 hours)

[5/09/13 7:26pm] - UPDATE 4

Okay wanted to give it another shot, no luck.

Uninstalled realtek HD audio restart same static.

Reinstall realtek restart and same static.

Uninstall corsair 2.0.7 drivers restart same static.

Install older corsair drivers 1.7.05 restart BSOD, restart BSOD again.

unplug dongle boot up fine put dongle back in still same god damm static.

[8:45pm] - minor update

Tried the headphones on my family PC (old 775 setup) has W7 32bit using the default windows drivers static still there.

Tried them on my friends notebook and nothing not recognized, install the lastest drivers then restarted still not being detected.

This is insane.

Is the mic on? If so, move it back up and see if that helps.

Make sure the Default Format is on 44100 Hz instead of 48000 Hz.

Nope i briefly tested it when i first got it working after the whole discharge recharge deal but other than that it's always been up.

Yeah far as i know it's almost always been at 44100Hz

There's only two options:

16 bit, 44110 Hz (CD Quality)

16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)

that normal?

Archived