Corsair Community

Question about 800D cable management

GuitarFreak

I was wondering how much room there is between the motherboard tray and the other side panel (not the one with the window) for putting wires behind there. I have a cosmos s right now and it has a bunch of holes for putting cables behind the tray, but not a lot of room. Is there enough room to fit the 24 pin motherboard power cable without the side panel hitting it? That's my main issue with the cosmos.

Wow, someone finally brave enough to post a pic their cable routing. Heh Nice. There is plenty of room as long as you do not bunch your larger cable together. Seperate them out and attach them to the case and there is absolutely no problem with the side of the case. I have tons of cabling from 1 fan controller/pump/reservoir combo and 1 multifunction card reader/multiport/3 fan controller, 3 hard drives, 2 Blu-Ray Drives, CCFLs, LEDs, and 8 fans and I have no problem closing my case side panel at all.

There are a few pictures of the rear I've seen on the net. I'll post mine later but I do have them bunched up at the bottom of the case trying to keep the rear tidy but it does make it harder to fit the rear panel back on.

But after working cable management on this case, my next power supply will most likely be modular.

I sorta have this OCD with new things I buy I try to keep all the tape and plastic covering in good condition so I usually stick them in places you wouldn't see or the box. But those two pieces of tape was to keep the front HDD door from opening.

I found something similar at the bottom of my box, but a plastic lug had broken off. Still haven't found a use, or had a reply from Corsair about it!

Yeah that is the cover then, its to help as you can see with heatsinks and waterblocks that have a back plate for easy removal without having to pull out the entire mobo.

Now you found this at the bottom of the box and not inside the case? That doesn't sound like it was brand new. :confused:

It was new....I was being sarcastic!

One of the flap hinge lugs had broken off in transit. Something that isn't that uncommon looking at quite a few early posts.

I have been in contact with RAM guy and tried contacting the RMA Dept to get a new flap sent out, but not really got anywhere.

I have a rats nest back there too and there's plenty of room. People who don't have this case don't realize that the hot-swap bays have their own cooling chamber that blows across the drive bays from the front and exits out the back and continues exiting in the back until it exists completely at the rear of the case.

There's a good 2cm of width between the back of the case and the back panel. That's where the drive bay air exists out of the case. PLENTY of room for cables and such.

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/1267/dsc01176.jpg

My Build Log is here.

Archived