Corsair Community

Periodic Jump in iCUE CPU Load Leading to FPS Loss

Sojourner1

Periodically I observe iCUE jump in CPU load, not much, maybe 3% or 4%. However, I notice this causes framerate stutter in-game. It is not a constant phenomenon, leading me to believe it is tied to iCUE polling for software updates, although I don't know the internal workings of the software so I can't say for sure. Maybe in next update the Settings Menu can have an option to disable automatic update checks?

or just make a light version in general. i find the software to be very bloated and sluggish. and it activates 3d mode on the GPU when i'm only on the desktop.

all of that could be saved if it wouldn't try to look so fancy.

i wish the corsair link software (which doesn't come without its own problems) would support the features icue does

and its constantly eating at least 2-5% cpu on my 4core/8thread system

It has to use CPU resources to monitor and it doesn't use any more than the other all inclusive software packages. However, you might want to keep the iCUE window closed to the taskbar when you are in full screen game mode. This can have an effect in some games.

It has to use CPU resources to monitor and it doesn't use any more than the other all inclusive software packages. However, you might want to keep the iCUE window closed to the taskbar when you are in full screen game mode. This can have an effect in some games.

for just monitoring, 5% is way too excessive. esp with today's CPUs that get near 5GHz

i'm sure it has a lot to do with how thick the software is. far from optimized

Other monitoring software that include a bunch of monitoring packages (i.E. Afterburner/Rivertuner) are a whole decimal point less (~0.5%)

i love corsair and their products for the most part, but the more i own and the deeper i get involved with their icue software, the more i regret it

Do you have Corsair RGB RAM that is shown in iCUE? If so, disable the RAM's full software control setting in iCUE. When I had this enabled it always used about 3% of my CPU, 2700X, even with iCUE minimized in the system tray. It now uses 0.3% CPU.

Other monitoring software that include a bunch of monitoring packages (i.E. Afterburner/Rivertuner) are a whole decimal point less (~0.5%)

Riva Tuner is not the same kind of program. A comparison to Aida64 or HWiNFO would be more appropriate or any of the other branded full spectrum control software packages.

However, the question was about loss of performance and whether it’s 2% or 5%, this should have no effect on gaming unless you are running 90% cpu usage on the main program. Since that is unlikely in most games, the issue may not be tied directly to the actual cpu usage. How are you monitoring real time cpu usage while playing? Second display?

Riva Tuner is not the same kind of program. A comparison to Aida64 or HWiNFO would be more appropriate or any of the other branded full spectrum control software packages.

HWInfo and HwMonitor also only use 0.5-1%

unless you are running 90% cpu usage on the main program.

sure am. Battlefield V runs at 90-99% usage at all times.

iCue is a major bitch that reduces my FPS measurably

How are you monitoring real time cpu usage while playing? Second display?

yup

Do you have Corsair RGB RAM that is shown in iCUE? If so, disable the RAM's full software control setting in iCUE. When I had this enabled it always used about 3% of my CPU, 2700X, even with iCUE minimized in the system tray. It now uses 0.3% CPU.

no RGB RAM

Archived