Corsair Community

firmware update for Nova 2?

GMKosMos

I have a question here, how do I know what firmware to exactly download? I have the Nova series 2 CSSD-V60GB2 it was part of a package deal from CompUSA. This is my 1st time using a SSD Drive and I just want to make sure I do not screw up, also can I update it if I just have the drive on my current windows hdd just make it a slave or what ever so I do not have to install the OS before I do an update? I hope I am making some sense here. Very aggravating trying to find what I need nothing says Nova Series 2 it all says Force Series 3/GT and all that. Annoying! Can someone make a list of WHAT firmware matches up to the drives name or something? Would make things go faster for slower people like me.

Firmware updates are listed on the product page, the top of this sub-forum, and on the left sidebar.

You can't find a firmware update for the Nova 2 series because it doesn't exist.

OK but I saw on NewEgg where people that have this drive say they have done a update and it fixed problems. Where is this supposed update? If they knew these drives have this many issues why release them and then not support them, that seems pretty off to me.

I misunderstood it was someone from Corsair responding to a customer. This link, scroll down to a post by N/A on 12/31/2011 at 8:33:09AM. Sort by MOST HELPFUL it is down about 1/2 way or so.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233188&Tpk=CSSD-V60GB2

Copy and paste of post:

----------------------------------------

N/A

12/31/2011 8:33:09 AM

Tech Level: Average

Ownership: 1 day to 1 week

1 out of 5 eggsCorsair Nova

Pros: Installed windows properly

Not DOA

Cons: Unfortunately I didn't list to other reviewers on here, as I've generally had good luck with a variety of SSD's (********, ********, ********). This is the only SSD I've bought that is clearly buggy and/or broke. The read/write/boot are all slower than my three year old 5400 rpm HDD. Returning and buying a ******** m4.

Manufacturer Response:

We have released a firmware update that should address the issues you have listed.

External Link(s):

SSD Firmware

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess maybe someone was mistaken. I apologize I will just add this to the bricks.

Archived