Corsair Community

X-Key Translucent Relegendable Keycaps fit the K95 RGB!

Next step is now to buy thin printing paper, and print symbols for what the keys do.

The best here would be to print the symbol transparent/non-colored/white, and the sorrounding area completely black. To keep it nice, you might need to turn off "eco toner" or "eco Printing" if you have a laser printer so it do cover the non-transparent parts fully so not light shine through.

Something like this:

http://game-icons.net/icons/lorc/originals/png/potion-ball.png

(example for a key that does something with potions in a RPG)

Next step is now to buy thin printing paper, and print symbols for what the keys do.

The best here would be to print the symbol transparent/non-colored/white, and the sorrounding area completely black. To keep it nice, you might need to turn off "eco toner" or "eco Printing" if you have a laser printer so it do cover the non-transparent parts fully so not light shine through.

(example for a key that does something with potions in a RPG)

Ooo! That's awesome. I could even make my keys red/blue for HP/MP potions. Now I just need to figure out how to print it to the right size.

The key is ofcourse printed White, to color them, you just set the LED to red/blue or whatever color you want. Thats why you should use thin paper so the light shine through. OH paper on the other side don't diffuse the light well and the black areas will leak light, but very thin standard Printing paper (and now we're talking the thinnest paper your printer can take), will let through enough light in White areas, completely block off light in black areas, and diffuse the light well to look "professional".

The best thing to get it printed right size is to make a template with lot of Squares, one Square lets say 20x20 pixel, one Square 21x21pixel and so on.

And just print it out, and then test which one fits neatly under the lens without causing tension on the lens fittings. Then its just to print a sheet with Icons to put under the keys. Or even texts, for example if you have autologin macros that type your passwords for you.

Here's a template that I got from the X-Keys website. I converted it to PNG and rescaled it correctly. Print it using MSPAINT in a 1:1 ratio on an 8x11 sheet.

The resulting key images should be ~15mm x 15mm.

EDIT: Uploaded a cleaner image template.

SingleKey-003.png.d063a1f1c6ed2b755b6bd717e356712a.png

Archived