Corsair Community

Top of 600T case is RED HOT!

soopytwist

I ran Assassins Creed III for two hours and when I came out and checked my temps the CPU was at 42C and the motherboard 45C, however the top mesh cover of the 600T case was red hot, literally almost too hot to touch without burning my skin! I think because it's all metal. Inside the case it was pretty warm too and the pipes on the H100i were also quite warm.

I have a Megaflow intake at the front on 700 rpm, an SP120 performance on the rear exahust at 900 rpm and a 120mm stock quiet fan also on the front drawing air in.

The two SP120's on the H100i are locked at 1130 rpm approx and are outside the case under that red hot mesh cover sucking air up and out (I can't change their speed - see my other posts).

Is this normal for the top of the case to get so hot?

After exiting the game it quickly cools down and actually becomes cold to touch. CPU returns to idle temp of 25C and the motherboard 36C. The GTX 690 probably isn't helping with internal heat.

Anyway, some temperature advice please, slightly concerned at the hotness of the case.

your temps look good,gaming will make alot of heat but it looks like cooling is doing its job.as far as the metal being hot,metal holds heat and will as long as its ''fed''

i think what you describe is a normal hard worked computer being used the way it was designed to

I ran Assassins Creed III for two hours and when I came out and checked my temps the CPU was at 42C and the motherboard 45C, however the top mesh cover of the 600T case was red hot, literally almost too hot to touch without burning my skin! I think because it's all metal. Inside the case it was pretty warm too and the pipes on the H100i were also quite warm.

After exiting the game it quickly cools down and actually becomes cold to touch. CPU returns to idle temp of 25C and the motherboard 36C. The GTX 690 probably isn't helping with internal heat.

That's normal...my custom loop acts the same way. It can become pretty warm when gaming for a couple of hours.

You also have to remember that heat is a lot like sound ...not every one feels/hears the same way. So what might be hot for you may be just warm to someone else. But your temps are good! so i wouldn't worry about it.

you're right there peanutz94, I do feel the heat more than other people. The heat surprised me because it was unexpected, this is my first water cooled build.

Not looking forward to running my system in the height of summer, it'll be unbearably hot (providing the UK actually has a decent summer this year).

Archived