Corsair Community

UK release date for K70 RGB's in Cherry MX blue/brown?

tobymcdaid

Slightly annoyed today. I'd previously pre-ordered a Cherry MX blue version of the Corsair K70 RGB, which was listed on the website as being released today (scan.co.uk), but now it turns out the date on the website has changed to November 17th?

I spoke to customer services asking if it's definite that they'll get them on November 17th, but they couldn't 100% confirm it, and so now I'm asking here. Does anybody know what's going on with the release date of this keyboard? I can't find any certain dates.

Thanks

Would like to know the same. I ordered one from the same website yesterday but with brown switches, the site said stock due in today but it's stayed that way all day. I ordered mine for delivery on Saturday as i'm not available to take delivery during the week so will contact them tomorrow to find out whats going on with my order.

Would like to know the same. I ordered one from the same website yesterday but with brown switches, the site said stock due in today but it's stayed that way all day. I ordered mine for delivery on Saturday as i'm not available to take delivery during the week so will contact them tomorrow to find out whats going on with my order.

Unfortunately it's not the first time my order has been delayed with Scan.co.uk, so I don't think I'm going to order from them again. Their website didn't say 'ETA' for today, it was a precise date, which annoys me as I've been looking forward to getting the keyboard all week. Their customer services quite literally said to me "The date has been pushed back, sorry for any inconvenience"...

I've been looking elsewhere and the dates are just completely messed up. Overclockers list the item as being available on the 15th, whilst America's New Egg supplier says December 31st!? I really wish someone could just provide a definite date.

I pre-ordered the blue switches from this website too, on the 22nd of September. Was pretty annoyed when they were delayed until today, and again, another delay. Here's what they're saying, may be useful to others in the same situation:

Thank you for your recent email,

I apologise for the delay with your order, we have been in discussion with Corsair this morning in regards to the delay with this particular Keyboard.

Corsair have encountered some technical issues with the Firmware of this particular Keyboard and as such this has had a knock-on effect with their manufacturing and deliveries, we have been advised we are high priority in receiving the first batch of stock, this has now been pushed back to beginning to mid on November if you would still like to wait.

Regards,

Scan Computers

I pre-ordered the blue switches from this website too, on the 22nd of September. Was pretty annoyed when they were delayed until today, and again, another delay. Here's what they're saying, may be useful to others in the same situation:

Thanks for the info, at least that makes things a bit clearer. However, I'm not sure why they're having 'firmware' problems, since the cherry MX red version is already out, and surely it uses identical firmware to these new brown/blue ones? The only difference in the product is the switch type, so this problem seems strange.

I've sent an email to Overclockers.co.uk with regards to the release date. I'll let you guys know if anything else pops up. Perhaps some retailers will have it available before November, in which case, I'm cancelling my Scan order, as it's not the first time they've messed up my orders.

not holding up much hope now, only ordered from scan as the site said they'd have stock today, these things are like gold dust as they seem to be out of stock everywhere. If i don't get a definitive answer from scan tomorrow i'll just request a refund and order from overclockers and hope for the best

Some sites had had them for a few days. They seem to be getting them in small batches all spread out. I saw the K95 RGB was delayed on scan and skipped them. I ordered from ebuyer instead which I usually avoid. You're quite likely to get them from more obscure resellers right now I suspect. Scan, dabs, overclockers, etc... I think those will be dry fast. Amazon maybe because it sources multiple shops but I saw last week someone had browns on there but a bit overpriced. There were three left. Should have come Tuesday but they sent to the wrong place. Got it yesterday.

• Corsair Employee

Hi all,

As some of you all know, Corsair Gaming RGB K65/K70/K95 with international keyboard layouts had an issue with the extra keys not lighting up when updated. This issue has now been resolved with Firmware 1.13 and Software 1.1.56 and will not be encountered by new and existing users.

With this resolution in place, we have started shipping EU layouts again to all of our channel partners and you should see inventory being replenished within a week. We thank you for your patience and understanding and hope you will enjoy your RGB keyboard.

Hi all,

As some of you all know, Corsair Gaming RGB K65/K70/K95 with international keyboard layouts had an issue with the extra keys not lighting up when updated. This issue has now been resolved with Firmware 1.13 and Software 1.1.56 and will not be encountered by new and existing users.

With this resolution in place, we have started shipping EU layouts again to all of our channel partners and you should see inventory being replenished within a week. We thank you for your patience and understanding and hope you will enjoy your RGB keyboard.

thanks for the info looking foward to getting mine hopefully next week once overclockers get their stock in

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

"Within a week"

Two weeks later, still nothing. So what's the problem now and how much more patience and understanding do you want?

"Within a week"

Two weeks later, still nothing. So what's the problem now and how much more patience and understanding do you want?

Yeah what on earth is going on here? There is something seriously fishy going on. I've noticed corsair staff have gone extremely quiet on this subject... :confused:

I've noticed corsair staff have gone extremely quiet on this subject... :confused:

Well, I for one will never be pre-ordering a product from Corsair until I know exactly when we will get it and if there are problems. I have sent a ticket today, 3 week after ordering my blue switches from Scan.co.uk to see what the hold up is. The Red's and Browns seem to have started to come back in to stock today on both Scan.co.uk and Overclockers. I would really appreciate, among others, some clarification from the Corsair staff on here. Really is appalling customer service.

Still waiting. It's been more than a week since we were told "within a week" and I've heard absolutely nothing. Website still say 'product overdue' and no release dates are set. The red switch version has been out for a while now, why is there such a problem with manufacturing and shipping the SAME keyboard with different switches? This is getting ridiculous now.

The Red's and Browns seem to have started to come back in to stock today on both Scan.co.uk and Overclockers. I would really appreciate, among others, some clarification from the Corsair staff on here. Really is appalling customer service.

Ive just taken a look on OCUK and I see the red's and browns are now in stock as you say.

So what on earth is going on with these Blues? and what will it take to get an official statment? :confused::confused::confused:

Archived