Corsair Community

H150i Pro fan rpm

SeriousTom

I am a new user of this cooler.

I have it set to Balanced I believe, there is no apply button but I put Balanced at the top of Performance Profiles.

When I start the computer it runs nice and quite with the fan RPM's around 480 and the pump at 2070 and the coolant temp of 82 degrees F.

After I finish a game the fan RPM'm are around 1600 and the temp is 93 F.

The fans are kind of loud at 93F, 1600 rpm and I'm just wondering if I should have it set up differently.

I have a Ryzen 1700X and a Lian Li PC-O8

You'll know you have properly applied a fan curve when the curve name on the left is highlighted yellow and the fan speed on the right is ringed in that same yellow. It's a bit counter-intuitive at first, but click the profile on the left, then click all the fans on the right you want to run that speed.

Coolant temperature is largely based on your room temperature. In a temperate or Mediterranean climate, Quiet would be too much in Summer. You need to make your own fan curve to fit your needs. Those three presets are just that -- presets. They are not smart curves sensing your unique case environment, wattage, radiator size, and load.

Generally speaking 120mm fans need about 1000 rpm to effective when under load. Below that the coolant temp delta is pretty steep. However, 1300 rpm should do it for most loads and should be more than enough for a CPU only load. I can get by with that for a 350W GPU. A Ryzen 1700X can probably stay closer to 1000-1200 and keep a low coolant temp change.