Corsair Community

Building Hydro X

Goodmorning everyone,

I will briefly describe my current configuration and then I will ask you some questions.

I currently have a Cooler Master H500P case with 3 ML 140 PRO RGB front fans which bring air into the case.

On the top I have the Corsair h150i PRO RGB with 3 ML 120 PRO RGB fans mounted inside of the case that draw the air from inside and throw it out.

A fan on the rear ML 140 PRO RGB that blows air out.

(see attached image)

I had thought of leaving the 3 front intake fans and mounting the XR5 360 on the top as the H150i PRO is currently mounted, with the three fans pulling the air out of the case.

And to mount the XD3 RGB on the rear fan of the case. in this case the rear fan must mount it which introduces air into the case or do I leave it as it is currently mounted, that is, which draws air out of the case?

In addition, the XR5 360mm radiator is not indicated which is the input and which output port. How should the pipes be mounted?

1833187721_IMG_3314(002).jpg.thumb.png.a2499e4c5941ae74fadb14c58da3935d.png

configuration-null-it.pdf

Both XR5 and XR7 are standard U-flow radiators. It does not matter which port is the inlet or outlet and you can set it up as you need.

This is a CPU only cooling loop? My first thought was to use the rear fan as intake to help the top radiator. However, if the GPU is not part of the loop and is throwing its heat around, that just forces all of the exhaust through the CPU radiator and that will create a temperature penalty. You would prefer more heat goes out the back of the case than through the CPU radiator.

Both XR5 and XR7 are standard U-flow radiators. It does not matter which port is the inlet or outlet and you can set it up as you need.

This is a CPU only cooling loop? My first thought was to use the rear fan as intake to help the top radiator. However, if the GPU is not part of the loop and is throwing its heat around, that just forces all of the exhaust through the CPU radiator and that will create a temperature penalty. You would prefer more heat goes out the back of the case than through the CPU radiator.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I confirm that it is only for the CPU. What would you advise me to do then?

Let the rear fan blow out the air? Where should I mount the XD3 RGB then?

I would use the rear fan as exhaust.

Ignoring any visual design plans, you could mount the XD3 to the back of one of the intake fans on the front rail to get it away from the GPU hot zone. You may also have space on the side wall after the front fans to hang it there.

I would use the rear fan as exhaust.

Ignoring any visual design plans, you could mount the XD3 to the back of one of the intake fans on the front rail to get it away from the GPU hot zone. You may also have space on the side wall after the front fans to hang it there.

Ok, yes indeed I could mount the XD3 on the back of one of the 3 front fans. Good idea! Thanks!

Instead for the 3 radiator fans, are they ok as they are mounted now? Or would it be better to reverse?

I mounted them like this, because it was recommended in the H150i PRO manual (see attached image).

Cattura.PNG.780161e73eae47ae02e5ce761854b8be.PNG

Edited by GiuseppeL90

Difficult to say whether front + top intake (6 fans) with only 1x120 exhaust will work. I tend not to like unbalanced flow, but if there is a lot of ventilation in the back of the case, it will push all that air out the mesh holes.

Other options might to look at using the 360mm radiator on the front intake, with top and rear exhaust. I suspect you don't want to do that and lose the 140x3 fan placement.

Difficult to say whether front + top intake (6 fans) with only 1x120 exhaust will work. I tend not to like unbalanced flow, but if there is a lot of ventilation in the back of the case, it will push all that air out the mesh holes.

Other options might to look at using the 360mm radiator on the front intake, with top and rear exhaust. I suspect you don't want to do that and lose the 140x3 fan placement.

Actually I thought about changing the case too. I fell in love with the Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB case.

With this case, I would mount the 360mm radiator in the front with the 3 fans that draw air out from inside the case (as in the pdf configuration I have attached).

However, I would like to increase the entry of air into the case.

Since the GPU is excluded from the liquid cooling system, how would you recommend me to mount the fans that supply air to the case?

I thought of mounting 2x120mm fans on the top and one 120mm on the back, which introduces fresh air into the case (see the image I have attached).

What do you think about it?

913340234_NEWCONFIGURATION.png.3fb18a608d5c00eafac150f246a81a8a.png

CORSAIR Obsidian Series 500D_1_compressed.pdf

Edited by GiuseppeL90